Badlands sunset composite . . .

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have I posted this one already???

Well yup, this one is a cheat. I just could not find anyplace that had the road as well as the skyline in it that was truly suitable plus the traffic on this road was very scarce at that time of the day. So I had to find each piece individually and put them together in post edit. The light streaks were taken from the exact same spot about 25minutes apart and the horizon was shot about 3 miles down the road 30min before that.

Taken at Badlands National Park in South Dakota . . .

sd4971m.jpg

great work canon!!!! great framing and composition!

md

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it. I didn't know how this one would be recieved seeing as how there are so many puritans out there that frown upon this type of manipulation. At the same time I figured it was still OK since I knew ahead of time (before I even took the pics) what I wanted.

There were some great opportunities for BW also. I am still working on the conversions :wink:

Karalee said:
I think people have a problem with people posting highly manipulated photos and passing them off as real.

That said, I love this shot, it works well. Great job!

Ditto, Takes alot of time/ work/vision manipulating a photo as I am sure in your case. Really like the effect, looks great.

Most reactions

Back