Bag Lady

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
100_8476-2.jpg

Since we're keeping text to a minimum in this thread:

Less wall, more lady, lower perspective, more face, more eyes (albeit there wouldn't be much to begin with judging by her face). IMO

I tried less wall - I got more cars and the stroller lady's feet w/ no lady :)

I'll give it another try. Thanks for your reply.

Raizels
You can crop the wall out, you do not have to necessarily try by photo. Or try taking the shot in portrait style.

I realize I can crop it out :)

The trouble with taking pictures of strangers portrait style is - they might notice!!

hah well, hence no eyes! she was looking into her bag and not at me! I didn't have the luxury of planning the shoot - I just shot!

I guess if I walk by there again I can find a place to hide out and take more pics unnoticed. But that makes me feel creepy.............

I like that you're on the streets taking pictures. I haven't worked up the courage to photograph strangers yet. I think there's two ways to do this though. 1) pictures of people who don't notice you taking them and 2) pictures of people who look at the camera. I think the second option makes for a more interesting photograph and also looks much more natural to me.

Try introducing yourself, "Hi I'm a beginner photographer and I like capturing photos of interesting people in the streets of my city, would you mind if I took your picture?"

I love the look of the people in your city and the older architecture, I'd try to work with that - It's something many of us Americans don't get to see often (if I can speak on behalf of us who live in the US).

Introducing yourself kinda kills the spontaneity (sp?) of the shot, and generally puts people in "pose" mode. Shoot first, talk later.

I like that you're on the streets taking pictures. I haven't worked up the courage to photograph strangers yet. I think there's two ways to do this though. 1) pictures of people who don't notice you taking them and 2) pictures of people who look at the camera. I think the second option makes for a more interesting photograph and also looks much more natural to me.

Try introducing yourself, "Hi I'm a beginner photographer and I like capturing photos of interesting people in the streets of my city, would you mind if I took your picture?"

I love the look of the people in your city and the older architecture, I'd try to work with that - It's something many of us Americans don't get to see often (if I can speak on behalf of us who live in the US).

Well, it's not actually my city :) It's Bnei-Braq, a super-religious city near my town. It's hard for me to blend in and take pictures unobserved because I don't look like I belong there... I get a lot of looks, especially when holding a camera!

That's where the difficulty of introducing myself comes in - I'm different, so it's hard to approach people. I feel very conspicuous walking down those streets.

Introducing yourself kinda kills the spontaneity (sp?) of the shot, and generally puts people in "pose" mode. Shoot first, talk later.

LOL!! I think in my case, as a sacrilege, I would be shot later......................

Introducing yourself kinda kills the spontaneity of the shot, and generally puts people in "pose" mode. Shoot first, talk later.

:thumbup: Definetly! .. and well said Bitter.

If you tell them your whole "story" before hand... they will be expecting it. Therefore it wouldn't be like *stranger photography* it would be just another expected portrait or candid, if you will.

on a different note--Just keep trying, check your composition... get it framed as best you can, however you can..
Keep trying. No one gets anything perfect on the first shot...
Just keep at it :)

( I would not hide around walls though... then your going to seem a bit creep-ish ) :lmao:

LOL!! I think in my case, as a sacrilege,
I would be shot later......................

Yeah that would be bad! lol

I think the little old lady would probably just throw a shoe or something.... :meh: mmhm. o_O
I can just see that now....lol

A woman in her condition... I'd keep the shoe :)

If you took the picture more facing her you might get that great toothless grin she'll have. Be ready to run when she thinks you're taking her soul. When possible capture the eyes, it helps with the mood of the shot.

Most reactions

Back