Bag Recommendations

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by BAmereihn, Dec 20, 2009.

1. BAmereihn

BAmereihn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am looking for a bag that will hold a body with grip, 24-70, 70-200, 10.5 fisheye, sb600, 17 inch macbook pro, tripod, and other things like batteries chargers and such with room for an additional lens or two.....I have a crumpler backpack but it cant hold everything and i also want a bag i can open to change lenses without putting it down....Final requirement would be is that it must meet carry-on size guidelines.....Im looking at the crumpler brazillion dollar bag but its pricey although i know crumplers quality is first notch

2. Hill202

Hill202 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You're going to need a big bag!

3. BAmereihn

BAmereihn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    correct, thats why i wanna get the right one

4. ranmyaku

ranmyaku TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'd go with a Crumpler. They look the coolest of all the camera bags I have seen, not to mention are built great and are comfortable to carry around.

I have 2 of their bags and could not be happier. I plan on buying one of the backpack style bags soon. I have a Seven Million Dollar bag and a Five Million Dollar bag.

To pack the 70-200, you will need something like the Whiskey and Cox.

5. BAmereihn

BAmereihn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i have a customary barge, i can fit a body, fisheye and flash in the camera compartment and put the 70-200 in the backpack area but dont have room for the 24-70 or much else and if i wanna swap lenses i have to take off the back pack

6. zioneffect564

zioneffect564 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a bag that I'm looking to sell that might fit your needs. I have a Kata DR467 and on average I carry a D300s gripped, 70-200 2.8, 17-55 2.8, 10-20 3.5, 50 1.4, SB-900, SB-900, Diffuser, 17" MBP, Camera chargers, memory cards, and a laptop charger. Sometimes I have both of my bodies in there and just have to move some stuff around but then it starts getting heavy around 50+ pounds along with my tripod in the tripod holder. It's a great bag very sturdy but I just picked up a 300 2.8 and I need a little more room and came on here to list it on the forum. It's all weatherproof but I haven't had it long enough to try it out. I haven't even had it for a month it was purchased from B&H and I still have the tags with it and everything. If you're interested let me know and I'll take some pictures of it right now and get them to you.

7. BAmereihn

BAmereihn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks but i dont want a backpack

8. BAmereihn

BAmereihn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the brazillion dollar bag came today but i worked late so i didnt have time to atempt to set up the bag...its built like a crumpler and quite heavy....the inside doesnt look as big as it does from the outside

9. FrankLamont

FrankLamont TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lowepro Magnum/Commercial.

10. BAmereihn

BAmereihn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i also ordered the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650 for a comparison, its half the price too