Bag?

I have maybe a dozen different bags or cases. I have a couple primary ones, but I might use one or two of the others, depending on my needs for the trip/job.

There are always compromises and a lot of it is personal preference. I have a backpack, which is great for travel or hiking, even just tossing in the car. But it's a pain it get the gear in and out quickly, or to get it on or off quickly. A shoulder bag is much better for that, but harder to carry for a long time.

:thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

If you are looking for a bag, you haven't gotten serious yet about this whole photography thing yet. :lol: Like Big Mike, I have a several bags and cases depending on the need. Each serves a different purpose.

I have a tenba medium shootout backpack. So far it's pretty sweet. Holds everything and more and you can tell they put some serious thought into it. The attention to detail is very nice.

i have a crumpler customary barge and a lowe pro stealth reported av650

Yup.. I have a bunch too..

Pelican 1510 + divider set for travel
Large Old Navy Rubber lined Canvas bag with Domke Dividers
Fossil small commuter bag
Billingham Hadley
Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
Tenba belt with pouches
Lowepro Stealth Reporter 400AW
Tamrac Expedition 5 backpack (I haven't used in a while now)

There is no magic formula for bags. I have several, Peli Hard Cases, a couple of Lowepro/tamrac backpacks but my favourite working everyday bag is the :heart: Domke F2 :heart:, it takes all I need for a days shooting and more, is comfortable to carry and will not fall apart. :thumbup::thumbup:

i have a tamrac adventure 9 but i dont like it. im going to buy a dakine sequence, it have a removable block so you dont have to carry the whole bag around if you dont want to.
DAKINE : SEQUENCE

I have a domke f3x and it fits my needs perfectly. I work in student press and its great to just shove my body and lens in the main compartment and pull it out when I need it. At the moment I have 2 bodies, 4 lenses, 1 flash gun and a bunch of miscellaneous supplies.

I have a small sports bag (like a track bag) that I use to carry and extra flashgun and tripods and monopods. So far it works out great, but I don't do any hiking. If I did this setup would probably kill me.
4465802265_fc867332f9_b.jpg

I use the Lowepro Flipside 400AW. It's great. Holds my gripped 300s and a gaggle of lenses without feeling heavy at all. It's also pretty easy to access your stuff without taking the bag off.

I had the Kata 3n1 33 before it, and the design is great, but it's too dang heavy to carry for any length of time. It started digging into my shoulders within 5 minutes of putting it on. Also, they say it doubles as a sling, but it's just way to big to really be used as one IMO.

I have a Domke F3x too, and I love it. It's a great walkaround bag.

Try hiking more than 3 miles with a shoulder bag and tell me how you feel. :)

I regularly walk around the city 10 miles or more with a shoulder bag, or have been shooting for 6-8 hours with one at events, and it's really not that bad. Being able to grab my stuff easily, without taking off my bag far outweighs any minor discomfort... for me anyway.

what does everyone use for a bag to carry your equipment around?

I'm considering a canon backpack i found on amazon...but im not sure.. any suggestions?

I have purchased a backpack online, the price is cheaper than on amazon, but the styles are similar with the backpack on amazon :hugs:.
So i think that is important for the quality of the item, do you think so?

Shoulder bags are better because you can shoot out of them. You can't do this with a back pack.

Shoulder Bag > Back Pack

Try hiking more than 3 miles with a shoulder bag and tell me how you feel. :)

Each bag has pros and cons. Shoulder bags are great for somethings, terrible for others. Backbacks are great for somethings, not so much for others. I prefer a backpack for most uses, but I'll use a bag that meets my needs for other uses.

I went half a mile and was almost dead. But it was just about straight up.

I have a tenba medium shootout backpack. So far it's pretty sweet. Holds everything and more and you can tell they put some serious thought into it. The attention to detail is very nice.

Kata 3n1 30 and Lowepro toploader pro 75 with chest harness. I'm thinking on going the Tenba route for my next backpack purchase though. They seem to be getting good reviews

Most reactions

New Topics

Back