Bags....

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I ordered a camera bag from tracyjoy.com, and I'm not happy with it. It doesn't have thick enough padding for my comfort level, and I took it on a weekend trip this past weekend, and I was nervous the whole time. So I'm getting another new bag. I'm looking at crumpler... does anyone know if they ever offer sales or discounts? I saw one on ebay for about $20 under crumpler price (I'm looking at the 6 million dollar home), but for that difference, I'd rather get it from crumpler and have the warranty, etc.

I see what you're saying, but how do you keep it in place? And it still would work on the one I just bought... it's too small to have room to line it with that stuff. My equipment barely fits.

Velco, Nylon thread, and/or rubber cement. If you look at really expensive designs you'll see they cover the padding in gortex first and then sew and glue the velcro onto that.

Anyway, it was just an idea. I like to make my own stuff or modify what I have kind of a lot. ;) I post about it sometimes but no one ever seems to take the bait. :D

I'm not the least bit crafty, so I'd be hesitant to try something like that. Of course, I hate spending over $100 on a camera bag too. Anyone know of a bag similar to Crumpler style without the crumpler price tag? I want a bag that doesn't look like a camera bag... we're about to go to Europe and we travel quite a bit... I don't want to be a target. Thanks.

I think it's important to see a bag first hand before buying it...or at least see something similar so that you have a good idea of what you are getting. It's pretty hard to judge size and functionality when only viewing on-line.

I would suggest that you don't skimp on a good camera bag, especially if you are traveling quite a bit. A good bag can be a great traveling companion, a bad bag can ruin your whole day or even trip.

I'd just go for the Crumpler. It is worth it IMO. I have one (Seven Million Dollar home bag) and could not be happier with it.

That's what I'm leaning towards... I have read lots of great reviews online. I wish we had a crumpler store around so I could see one, but we don't even have any decent photog stores around, just a tiny ritz camera at the mall. They have almost nothing as far as supplies. I was hoping that crumpler did coupons for first-time customers or something like that so I could save a little on my purchase. If not, I'm still going to order it, I just didn't want to find out right after I bought it that I could have saved a percentage or shipping costs or something! ;)

Not sure what equipment you want to carry around.

I use a Domke F802 for indoor stuff where I do not want to look like I'm carrying camera equipment. I can carry 70-200 f/2.8 IS, 17-40 or 24-60 mounted to 30D (no grip), and 50 f/1.8 (small). Has two big pockets where I stick a 580EXII + batteries, CF cards, cleaning stuff ... 70-200 is a monster, I can probably fit two more short lens if I do not carry that around.

The included inserts are (imo) pretty thin so I'm careful not to swing it around.

I have a canon 20d body, a nifty fifty, a kit lens (18-55), a 75-300 f/4-5.6, and an external flash (420ex speedlite). I'd like a little extra pocket for memory cards, batteries, cleaning supplies, etc, which is something I don't have on the bag I just bought. And I don't want to have to cram it all in! The bag I got was definitely borderline, and when we went away last weekend, I carried my wallet in it also so I wouldn't have to carry a purse. I also laid my gorillapod across the top and fastened the flap down over it. It was definitely overload. It held up, just didn't have the padding and protection (inside or out) that I would like to have.

I had a crumpler 6 or 7 million, while durable it was extremely uncomfortable. I prefer a backpack style to bring equipment on trips, and I went with a Kata backpack. I have to say the thing is more secure than I could ask for. They make bags in other styles as well. Pricey but worth it, imo.

Wow, you really do your homework well! I have looked through all of these sites, and I have to say thank you... it confirmed that I really want a Crumpler bag! I like the "hip" look, and non-camera-baggishness of it! yeah, I know I'm making up words. ;) And many of the bags you posted that would be big enough for my gear were in the same price range, or close enough to make me choose the Crumpler. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home today. And I felt like I paid about that much for it! I hope I love it! Thanks again! :hug::

Ive been using my Kata HB-207 and I love it. Very versatile and comfy. Oh and plus it holds my tripod aswell.

2927212357_1d724d3c0e_o.jpg

2927212233_d78866d1c1_o.jpg

I have a 7MDH. Great quality but it sucks as a walk around bag. It's definitely great for a carry half of my gear to a shoot bag. It really tends to get heavy if you have it loaded up.

Most reactions

Back