Bags

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im in the market for a good camera bag that can hold 2 dslr cameras. Ive got a D90 and 300s, both with battery grips added. I currently have a Lowepro that I love and would like another but I also have 4 lenses also. I looked at there website and its hard to tell how much they will hold. Im hoping someone here has an idea on what I need. Thanks.

Most bag makers have a whole line of bags...with all sorts of capacities and configurations.

I suggest finding a well stocked camera store so you can see some bags first hand. I tried to choose a bag on-line, but when I saw it in person, I knew it wouldn't work for me and I bought a bigger one.

Thats the problem, where I live there are no good camera stores. I got one of B&H and like you it was way to small. I like to be organized and not crowded like the bag I got.

The bag makers usually list the inside and outside dimensions of their bags.

I just measure my stuff with a tape measure to decide which bag I need.

Easy Peezy.

I've recently been searching for a new bag as well. I've found that a lot of manufacturers will tell you about how much the bag will carry or show a pic with some gear to reference (Lowepro and Crumpler both do this). Another thing you can do is, if you find a particular bag that you like, search for it on Flickr. A lot of people put pictures of their bag loaded with gear to give you an idea what will fit in them.

As far as anyone suggesting a bag: Do you want more of a messenger style bag or backpack? Do you need to carry a laptop or anything else in it as well? Questions like that could help narrow the choices down.

DSLR Camera Backpack - Laptop Bag: Excellent for Airplane Travel

I'm a huge fan of tenba bags. I have the messanger bag and love it. I'm looking at one of these since they have a pocket in the side for getting at a lense quickly without taking the bag off your shoulders. Trouble is that they are pricy... $220 for a bag is a little too much.

Last edited:
Does anyone use Jill E bags? jill-e small yellow nylon camera bag I love how they don't look like a typical camera bag (because I'd like to take my camera with me more often and not look like one of the Japanese tourists here with their big camera bags tossed over their shoulder! lol!) Do they just look nice or do they actually hold up pretty well? Quality means more to me but if I can get a nice style out of it to then I'm sold on it!

I used a digital camera bag that it is suitable for most models of digital cameras. Designed with two inner compartments for convenient use. Also two mesh pockets in each side, one zipper pocket in the front. So I also can put some fittings in it. Like it very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back