Bahamas (56k Death!)

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I finally have all my pictures, the better ones anyway, ready to be posted. All of these were taken in the Bahamas last week. I will load the full quality versions on my dA Account (Click my sig) tomorrow and will have a little write up about each one. But if you would like to know anything about the sites before then just ask. Keep in mind there are all at 6 quality, the big iguana one being a 2.

**Also this was the first time I got to use my 17-40mm... :mrgreen:

It might be easier for some of you just to look through the photobucket gallery... http://photobucket.com/albums/v391/Outkastplaya6769/Bahamas/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

These last 3 are manipulations

Manip1.jpg

Manip2.jpg

Manip3.jpg

deveel said:
WOW Great shots. Did you PS the first three or how comes the reddish sky?
Just some brightness/contrast. And maybe a little playing with curves. But I don't really see the red in the sky. Only thing I didn't like in alot from the Island is the small little sections of Island in the background always came across a real redish brown.
This is a good example...
2.jpg

wow, i'm very impressed. Seems like an extremely serene place to be.

I love the 17th picture and this lovely dreamy soft look :)
did you used some kind of "half-filter"? most pictures seem to have a slight magenta dominant in the top. Was that intentional?

mentos_007 said:
I love the 17th picture and this lovely dreamy soft look :)
did you used some kind of "half-filter"? most pictures seem to have a slight magenta dominant in the top. Was that intentional?
It is a Gaussian blur of about 1.1. I just blended it. I'm not sure why the coloring seems to have gone a little pinkish.
Which one would you say is the "Pinkis" I'll load it up on dA at full quality.

Here is an untouched version of the first one.
1.jpg

Do you know what could have caused it? For most of these I used Fujifilm 200 and a 17-40mm lens with lens hood.

Very awesome series!!! Love the variety of tones, and the manipulations you posted are also very nice. Great job with all of these!

Holy cow...just brilliant work. Some of these should be in Bahamas brochures, especially that first one. Very well done.

vonDrehle:

All I have on this computer is stupid Microsoft Photodraw. When I take the first shot, and set a cloud puff as "white" and auto hue/tint it, it REALLY makes the blue/green of the water jump out. Looks really nice.

Am I the only one seeing the pink in these??

Most reactions

Back