Bald Eagle, Vancouver

Keta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ketadesign.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from a couple of weekends ago during low tide.
It took me quite a while to get close to this Bald Eagle sitting on the sand; I took a picture about every 10m or so, here are the two closest ones.

eaglewonder2.jpg

then just a TINY BIT closer (it might not look like it because the above image is cropped while this one is a straight scan, but believe me I was about 10 feet away)

eaglewonder1.jpg

Notice the piece of seaweed stuck in his beak, with the little drop of water on the end! Crazy.

As always, s/he eventually got fed up with me and flew away

eaglewonder3.jpg

for a landing further on down the beach (scanned at 200%)

eaglewland.jpg

Blog entry ---> http://ketadesign.typepad.com/storybook/2006/07/million_dollar_.html

Your site seems to be having some server problems which is why I only get to see the second of your four photos here, and that one I like! I have never seen a bald eagle ever anywhere outside a Bird Park... Lucky you! And that droplet is quite a catch :D. Good.

Can't say anything about the other three, though, other than that the red x's are very symmetrical and quite colourful :er: ...

LaFoto said:
Your site seems to be having some server problems . Can't say anything about the other three, though, other than that the red x's are very symmetrical and quite colourful :er: ...

haha! Oh no! Is that still happening now??

LaFoto said:
I only get to see the second of your four photos here, and that one I like! I have never seen a bald eagle ever anywhere outside a Bird Park... Lucky you! And that droplet is quite a catch :D. Good.

Thanks. Yeah, luck was totally with me that day! Does not happen often, I will tell you. And the water droplet, you can believe I was not aware of it at the time.
I LOVE it when I get my prints back and there is some wonderful surprise in appearance.

Now all four of them are here and up and well to be seen.

Yes, before I went primarily digital, I used to have and enjoy the feeling of anticipation before I would get my prints back and the feeling of exhilaration when something had really worked out. I am robbing myself of these feelings now... for the sake of the instant gratification of digital photography...

Ten feet!!! That's incredible!!! I would be so excited to be that close to a 'wild' eagle that I'd shake too hard to take a pic. Well done.

Wow..you got in pretty close. I could not even get that close at the zoo, and it is behind a cage.
Great series. Nicely captured.

Antarctican said:
Ten feet!!! That's incredible!!! I would be so excited to be that close to a 'wild' eagle that I'd shake too hard to take a pic. Well done.

I know it's pretty nerve-wracking! Just imagine that during my approach I had to stop and change film! I was more than slightly freaking out. (the two closest images were frame #4 & #5 of the new roll).

Thanks Chiller! that really encourages me in my decision to spend several thousand dollars on a digital super-8 camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back