Bald Eagle

prophoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
baldeaglehead7ox7lw0lk.jpg

would like some feedback

cheers :p

WOw...I think this is great. You have this right down to the eyes, and it is really sharp. Nice work. I really dont know if I would change anything.

im curious; how did you come to take this shot; wild, zoo setting - stuffed? what camera and lens did you use? any post work? thanks....very nice shot!

WOw...I think this is great. You have this right down to the eyes, and it is really sharp. Nice work. I really dont know if I would change anything.

thanks, glad you like it

im curious; how did you come to take this shot; wild, zoo setting - stuffed? what camera and lens did you use? any post work? thanks....very nice shot!

hey, i used a 20d and a 70-200L, it was most definitely real there was 2 and they had both just come in to land, he was on a falconers arm when i took it, i just sharpened it a bit in ps, no other work

here he is landing

baldeaglecatchcopy7pt.jpg

what dod you do that it is so nicely exposed?? the whites are not blownout while there are still some details on the black parts!
I'd change only one thing... crop a bit of a right side. It seems to centered for me. I'm not a fan of central compositions. But this is only my 2 cents :)

mentos_007 said:
I'd change only one thing... crop a bit of a right side. It seems to centered for me. I'm not a fan of central compositions. But this is only my 2 cents :)

that was my first reaction also, however when i cropped it, it just didnt sit right (try it see if you like it?)

i absolutely love the eagle and your head shot is about the best i've ever seen. colors are spot on! very well done!

welcome to the forum! look forward to more of your work.

JonMikal said:
i absolutely love the eagle and your head shot is about the best i've ever seen. colors are spot on! very well done!

welcome to the forum! look forward to more of your work.

seriously?

not bad for my 3rd ever shoot and 2nd attempt at an eagle then!!! :p

Chase said:
I'm going to break the rules in here and simply say excellent shot! :D
BANNED. :mrgreen:

But I agree; there's very little to find wrong with it. I like the composition; not too centered for me at all. Perfect DOF. Sharp as a briar. Great work! :thumbup:

Chase said:
I'm going to break the rules in here and simply say excellent shot! :D

hmmmm, if i delete this nonconforming post he could revive it i suppose. Chase, your hands have been officially slapped and feel free to slap Terri if needed.

You know wat, BOTH shots are excellent. I absolutely love the form of the eagle landing on the falconer's arm, and the head is wonderful :)

Might be a little too sharp/sharpened to look good. There is a thing as too much detail, this might qualify.

I love the shot. It's very crisp! But I'll go one step further and say that I like the second photo you posted even better. I love the way you have captured the bird in all it's glory, wings outstreched, talons drawn. I even love the arch of his head in landing. Spectacular shot!

Most reactions

Back