Bald Eagles

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Keta, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Keta

Keta TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey folks. My favourite thing about my town of Vancouver, Canada is when the tide goes out at Spanish Banks beach in mid-summer. Last year I started bringing my camera on my extended walks way out into the harbour. I didn't really expect it but I ended up getting LOTS of fabulous shots of eagles (at least I think they're fabulous, haha!).

Except that I'm not a photographer -by trade or by practice- so I'm thinking there must be MANY things I could be doing better.
    I posted this in the main (general) forum a week ago, and the only tips I got was that my photos are too centered (easily fixed in the cropping). The regulars there said the 'bird experts' would have lots of tips for me, and that's what I'm looking for.

Also, specifically, I need to know if it would be to my advantage to switch to SLIDE film. Any other critique would be very welcome!

Thanks all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics available on my site ---> http://www.ketadesign.ca/enterphotos.html

2. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well...I don't claim to be an expert on birds, nor bird photography at that. I think that I would have tried to zoom up closer on the first one, depending if your lens is capable. Some people, like myself cannot afford huge lens' so I would suggest maybe getting a tele-extender. Thats what I use.

The Second and third one are great, I have been photographing bald eagles for about 4 years now, and those two are difficult to capture, at least for me they are..

I love the fourth one, just amazing how you were able to get them playing with the moon n the background.

All in all good work. Keep up the good work.

3. Keta

Keta TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comment! :D

Still looking for advice on whether I should switch to slide film.