Ballerina Gracie

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by EJBPhoto, Feb 18, 2007.

1. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

Took this just yesterday. My main problem with it is that it's so warm. Looking for CC though :) I shot it at I think 35 mm with my nikon kit lens- 200 iso, 1/40, f/7. Dark room! Thanks in advance! (How's the focus look btw?)

[​IMG]

2. EJBPhoto

EJBPhoto TPF Noob!

I'm sitting here trying to figure out, by the way, why the background looks so grainy... it looks weird...

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Which part of the two backgrounds do you mean? The dark one, I guess?
    What did you do to the photo in PS?
    Did you partially brighten it?
    For there are two light situations severely competing with each other and I would just guess that in the original photo the bright part "won" and the dark half was much darker.
    If you pull up brightness in PS (or any pp software, for that matter), it is like you sort of change the ISO settings for that part of the picture. You get noise.

This one was a hard one to expose, anyway.
    But you got the focus right.
    The warm colour temperature - now I only guess - possibly comes from two different light sources, too, outside/window light on the bright side and lamp light on the dark.

What I find weirdest about this photo is the clear division in those two vertical halves of bright and dark.

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    have you played with highlight/shadow option in PS? If so - this may be a source of your grain - too much playing with shadows - on the rightside background. but the midtone contrast is really nice. and I do like the overall look of the photo - warm tone and vivid green. it looks as if she was to get on stage in a moment!