Balloon Stampede

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Every year over Mother's Day weekend in Walla Walla, WA they have a balloon stampede. Every year I mean to go and something always comes up to prevent it. Well, last spring I finally got to go and it was a total hoot!

I thought everybody might appreciate a little bit of color in these drab days, :)

wwbs060513_01.jpg

wwbs060513_02.jpg

wwbs060513_03.jpg

wwbs060513_04.jpg

wwbs060513_05.jpg

Wow love the vibrent colours yes I agree colourfull pics have been on the low lately

Thanks guys, they were a lot of fun to shoot. I also have some night shots I'll post later.

I'll have to try to get back there again this year.

Nice photo . When I look only at the ballons color are nice because it is uniform, but when I look at the "nacelle" I see that most of the details are too tauraed for me
ANyway nice shot
Mat

I thought everybody might appreciate a little bit of color in these drab days, :)

You are soooooooo right!!!
Thank you for bringing us some colours!

I best like the composition of #2! Great.
And the colours of #1.

And overall: all the colours. And that blue, blue sky. Can't wait to see your night photos of the balloons. The sight must have been incredible.

There are no numbers on your pictures, so I have to counting :confused:
At first, all of them are looking fine!
Number... two and five are my favorits.

I like the second and the last one best.
The last one could be a comersial: "Only xxx baloons can hold long." :)
Dani

Well now, you made my day with these shots!! I've seen pictures of these balloon gatherings in newspapers and magazines and now seeing one for myself is on my list of things I want to do in my lifetime. As I sit and look out my window at grey overcast skies, with light snow falling, the vivid blue skies in your pictures just makes my heart race. I like 'em all, but the first and last are my faves.

The last one seems to be fairly universally popular. The rest are a toss up. :)

Antarctican- do it! But you have to be quick. Once they start inflating balloons they don't stick around long. They offer rides too, but the price is too dear for my wallet I'm afraid. I'm happy to get your heart a-pumpin'. ;)

Hard for me to pick a favorite. All are nice photos. I want to go to a balloon launch someday. Thanks for sharing!

SpaceNut, by all means- go if you get the chance! Amazing view even if you don't take any pictures.

Most reactions

Back