Baloo peeping (C&C)

Benjo255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
BalooSpot.jpg

I like it. The cat looks great and the eyes are beautifully done. However, the wall trim/door casing should be crisper - not in reference to focus. It looks like the whole image was treated with minus clarity and sharpness was added to only the eyes. I think it should also have been added to the trim board. Still a very nice picture, regardless.

The whole image is clarity +100.

I was wrong about the clarity. The wood trim is still too soft. Maybe it isn't to you, but wood trims have been a big part of my professional life for 40+ years, so it just looks off to me.

Nicely done. It would make a beautiful head shot too if cropped just below the shoulder. :) You do exceptionally nice cat portraits.

wood trims have been a big part of my professional life for 40+ years, so it just looks off to me.
Yes, i understand what you mean. It's the same for me when i look to cat portraits.

I like it. Well done. You seem to have added something like a gaussian blur to the feathery edge of the fur.

I just noticed you're shooting Fuji. Fuji makes some pretty good hardware.

You seem to have added something like a gaussian blur to the feathery edge of the fur.
No gaussiana blur. It's just a fuji jpg with the on camera special effect soft focus. In processing the jpg on LR i boosted clarity and corrected tones (mainly boosting whites a bit).

Yes, i use only fuji. I love it. I dont shoot raw anymore (except for very few photographies) cause jpg ooc are just stunning. Lenses are very good (even the kit 18-55, which is my favorite lens). I would change camera only if fuji would make an xtrans full frame. Really happy, but aware of fuji's limits.

And, to be complete, it's shooted with a hot shoe canon flash.

I shoot Fuji also. Just picked up the 16-55, f/2.8, yesterday.
I gave it a try since I was in doubt between the 18-55 and the 16-55. 16-55 is really a great lens. Sharp, really sharp, and the 2.8 gives you a wonderful bokeh at max focal lenght. I gave it up since I don't need (for now) such a fast lens and, overall, it's HUGE. I mean, huge for a xe2. IMHO it's great, but sacrifices too much the mirrorless advantages. And it was also a lot more expensive. So, since I shoot cat portaits most in studio or with controlled light/backgrounds, I didn't need it. More, the 18-55 has a really effective IS.

Most reactions

Back