Bambi

Sorry, but this is ridiculous, why would you dress up a dog in shoes, it's wrong.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous, why would you dress up a dog in shoes, it's wrong.

I am sure you have taken some ridiculous photos?
I have not, nor do I intend too! I have been photographing pets for over a year now. Some small ones are dressed up just for the shoot! Yes they do love it! :thumbup:
My little guy just got a job for a dog clothing company's ad page!

ps: I did not ask for any C&C here!

It's a photography forum. You will tend to get C&C. If you weren't expecting any, I don't quite understand the point of posting.

I know people like these kinds of images. Not my personal cup of tea. While I imagine there are many animals who will tolerate this, I find it somewhat hard to believe any animal would "love it".

That being said, it seems like a nice enough example of this kind of thing, though I think the setting could use some work. The ruffled up blanket on the couch seems... not so great.

Yes i have taken ridiculous photos before, but I've never put an animal out of it's comfort zone, and i don't want to here the response "how do you know its out of its comfort zone, it actually quite likes it" how do you expect a dog to walk in those shoes? (I know it's for the sake of the photo, but the dog doesn't know that)

P.s searching out my posts and giving me stupid criticisms just because you can't accept them yourself is "ridiculous".

Dressing up animals like that is just wrong. Nothing on this earth can convince me the dog actually enjoys those clothes and shoes. People who does this to animals should never ever own one, as it shows how little respect they have for it.

They're living beeings, not toys to play with.

Yes i have taken ridiculous photos before, but I've never put an animal out of it's comfort zone, and i don't want to here the response "how do you know its out of its comfort zone, it actually quite likes it" how do you expect a dog to walk in those shoes? (I know it's for the sake of the photo, but the dog doesn't know that)

P.s searching out my posts and giving me stupid criticisms just because you can't accept them yourself is "ridiculous".

Commom sense says a dog in a photoshoot like this is not walking around in those sneakers! Someone would have to be pretty dumb to think it would be! Hello?

It's a photography forum. You will tend to get C&C. If you weren't expecting any, I don't quite understand the point of posting.

I know people like these kinds of images. Not my personal cup of tea. While I imagine there are many animals who will tolerate this, I find it somewhat hard to believe any animal would "love it".

That being said, it seems like a nice enough example of this kind of thing, though I think the setting could use some work. The ruffled up blanket on the couch seems... not so great.

Thanx Chris, I did not even notice that with the blanket right away. I also notice the two blues do not match. Thanx for your constructive C&C. Well appreciated! :sexywink:

Dressing up animals like that is just wrong. Nothing on this earth can convince me the dog actually enjoys those clothes and shoes. People who does this to animals should never ever own one, as it shows how little respect they have for it.

They're living beeings, not toys to play with.

For your info. I have been doing rescue and fostering for 12 years and have 6 dogs off death row!
This is my job and I have gotten well paid for it! Dogs that I have photographed are not walking around all dressed up like you see the foo foos in Hollywood! Hello?

I do not search out posts. Pleeeeze!

What on earth are you going on about.

I think its adorable. My two cents on the other matter - While I understand that some people think dressing pets in clothes is wrong, and they are welcome to their opinions, many people spend thousands of dollars for clothes and accessories like this for their pets and make the pet endure it as a daily thing. I don't see a major issue with this for a photo or two and in this case the dog certainly does not look distressed in anyway....think about it - if the dog objected, no one would have been able to get it into four sneakers and tie them so neatly. I don't understand why people in today's society need to be so picky about everything these days. If this is so worng and stressful to the animal, then the humane association who monitors animal treatment in movies would not allow dressing animals for parts in certain film productions. Just my two cents.

I'm not too keen about the surrounding area. The color of the cover does not offer enough of a contrast to make the dog's outfit to pop. It doesn't seem that your focus is on the eyes. Lastly, the eyes seem dead without any catch lights and lack of detail (could be the focus).

I'll put a bandana on my dog, but that's about it.... okay, a raincoat when needed. But that's me. I would like to ask the holier-than-thou responders if they have never had a chuckle when seeing an animal dressed up, I know I have. This is a cute photo.

Thanks for your work blondie621 with animal rescue. I volunteer at my local animal shelter. I'm not set up for fostering, but I applaud all that do. Well done.

Oh, yeah, one more thing. The title should be something like Little Blue Riding Hood or something like that. I was expecting to see a deer. :lol:

I think its adorable. My two cents on the other matter - While I understand that some people think dressing pets in clothes is wrong, and they are welcome to their opinions, many people spend thousands of dollars for clothes and accessories like this for their pets and make the pet endure it as a daily thing. I don't see a major issue with this for a photo or two and in this case the dog certainly does not look distressed in anyway....think about it - if the dog objected, no one would have been able to get it into four sneakers and tie them so neatly. I don't understand why people in today's society need to be so picky about everything these days. If this is so worng and stressful to the animal, then the humane association who monitors animal treatment in movies would not allow dressing animals for parts in certain film productions. Just my two cents.

Thanx Dagwood, I love my dogs and all animals. I would never put any animal in any uncomfortable situation or harms way. My little guy had that little outfit on for a whole 10 minutes. He is not the least bit annoyed. He just lays like a baby when I dress him for the photos which is why those photos were taken. At one point he even fell asleep. I will post that one! He is too cute and has the sweetest little personality! I have gotten so many compliments on my little guy and his photos on other forums except for a few that have nothing good to say here!
Thanx again Dogwood! :sexywink:

IMG_6114-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back