Banana spider and a Robber fly

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a chance to get out today and get a couple shots. Trying to get used to my diopter but ended up shooting 1:1 insted. These were the best of the day. Nothing spectacular today but fun. This is my first robber fly. (if it is a robber)

Banana spider
This was shot at f/19
1/90
4819697084_c94103c6a2_b.jpg

Banana spider
shot at f/19
1/90
4819071167_33089612d5_b.jpg

Robber fly
f/16
1/60
4819066953_9966daf33a_b.jpg

Last edited:
I like the first one. 2 has lighting issues and 3 has a colorcast

Taylor, thanks for the comment. I agree that the light is very strong in the second. I shot this at mid day (5 pm) so the sun was very intence. might be much better early or later in the day but its when i could get out. I do not have a flash yet to correct the lighting so its what nature gives me.. For the fly i know its not the best but thought i would share the iconic robber. was happy just because its my first capture of this species. :)

Try using a reflector like a paper plate or cardboard covered in foil

i carry foil with me and forgot it. thanks for pointing it out.

Nice shots stormchase, 1st one is awesome, great colour, nice and sharp, great background OOF, oneof the "prettiest" spider pics I have seen in awhile. :thumbup:

Last one as said has a colour cast, easily fixed, could do with some slective sharpening, levels and fix the dust spots, all easy. Again a really nice OOF background.

robNZ, thanks
tho i do not have any PP softwere outside of the default canon "digital photo pro" I dont think you can do selective anything on it. i just use it for the rteal basics.

When I saw banana spider I knew you were from Florida. That is the local name for those.

Florida :thumbup:
yeah you have to love when you hit a web on a mountian bike path at 15mph. they give me the willies! I got about 1 inch from him on the close shot. there were 2 spiders close by and both very tolorant. made a friend!

One word then...gimp, no more excuses ;)

Think of DPP for global adjustments, and gimp for local when needed.

i tried to download it once and i couldnt open it. maybe ill try again. got a link?

looks like your sensor is dirty, or maybe that's the lens?

I think its the lens that is dirty. i noticed it when i got it on the pc. :(

I get a dirty sensor once in a while. My camera has no cleaning mode so I put it manual and put it on a long shutter time and use my squeeze blower and blow it out and I am usually good to go then. If you don't have one it is pretty much a baby runny nose sucky thinga ma bob. You can get them anywhere.

Most reactions

Back