Band Photo Shoot.

ajcstudio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lifeinstillimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well a childhood friend from boyscouts(yea yea i know) has his own band and wants me to do a photo shoot for promos and photos at their gigs. I dont wanna charge too much being the guy is a really cool guy and i know him.And if i hook a good deal i will be their photographer for good. So I tryin to figure what a good price to charge and how to charge, is it a flat price or a sitting fee for shoots and they buy the images they want.

So please help me i have searched google but i want the opinion of the oooh soo great members of TPF.

btw Bad Apples Music | Baltimore's Independent Rock Band
if ya wanna look at their site and get a feel for what kind of band they are. Actually not surprisingly bad for what i was expecting.

Well a childhood friend from boyscouts(yea yea i know) has his own band and wants me to do a photo shoot for promos and photos at their gigs. I dont wanna charge too much being the guy is a really cool guy and i know him.And if i hook a good deal i will be their photographer for good. So I tryin to figure what a good price to charge and how to charge, is it a flat price or a sitting fee for shoots and they buy the images they want.

Regarding the bolded portion above: this attitude will be the death of your business. As a businessman it puts you in the position of weakness; your clients will sense this and try to lowball you. Over time, this could cost you thousands and thousand of dollars. Don't overcharge them, of course... but don't undercharge them either.

As for this gig... I'd go with a medium-to-low flat rate, just for simplicity. Then use these shots to build your portfolo. Then on the next gig charge a little bit more... and so on and so on.

Good luck.
Jim

thanks soo much for the advise. I guess the good thing is they haven't even hinted about lowballing me and he straight up said i want to give you business how much do you charge. He has had photo shoots from other known photographers in the Baltimore area. So i figure to cut a little break and then charge more as they earn more revenue. When i google prices i can't find any so what would you charge i know that all areas are different but i live in a pretty populated area and we arent a small country town.

Most reactions

Back