Band Shoot

Toxic Toast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my freinds' band Crows Crossing, kinda impromptu shoot. 1st time shooting a band in action (they were just practicing) it was a lot of fun!

P.S. i know the editing is kinda played out, but im new to photoshop and just learned it, i thought itd be fitting for the bands raw grunge energy haha enjoy!

3079325526_4dc2f76a5f_b.jpg

3078491635_69b2e021e7_b.jpg

3078491331_f2622d1c93_b.jpg

3079324956_1b3329a974_b.jpg

3079325586_3ef3c29837_b.jpg

link to whole set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30742566@N08/

I like them all except #1 just because the drummer's face doesn't really show much excitement. The editing is done well too, the whites are a little strong on some of the faces making them look a little pasty but I like it. Hopefully you'll be able to shoot them at a show sometime.

The editing is not really my cup of tea, but I think it is well-executed. If the band likes it, a whole lot more power to you. I love #3.

I like them all but i got two things that are uh well yuck.
for me the shadow of the drumstick on his face and the random picture of a mom and her kid. But i really like the idea in your madness.

I find there are way too many shadows going on in #1. they end up being distracting.

#3 is my fave, but could still use a tighter crop on top and the sides. I like the lighting.

Nice shots, but I see lots of halos going on.

thanks for all the comments everyone, keybq-its actually really funny you noticed that, as we were taking pictures my friend joe, who is the kid in the picture, pointed it out and laughed that any picture near the drums will be ruined by that haha luckily the picture was just for laughs anyway cause he used to drum in my band. i know what you mean about number one LeSueur i always picture him with more excitement and pointing a drumstick at the camera. they should be playing some shows soon and im stoked on it. next time i shoot them i wanna try something different editing wise, im really just flying by the seat of my pants and learning as i go, they were stoked on how these came out so thats cool.

well done, man! espeically for a self-proclaimed newbie. I noticed the guys are "glowing" a bit though?

thanks, i know what you mean about the glowing, i guess i have to mess around and learn how to fix it.

What's the technique called that makes them look so grungy? Especially the first picture-the way the guy's face looks so pasty? Is it a custom action in Photoshop, or what? Thanks for the info.

What's the technique called that makes them look so grungy? Especially the first picture-the way the guy's face looks so pasty? Is it a custom action in Photoshop, or what? Thanks for the info.

Pasty is from the exposure. Gruny is from USM. Lots of it. Apply USM with some high settings. Apply it again. It that's not enough, apply it some more.

Most reactions

Back