Band shot - disused railway tunnel

optimus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

Thought I'd share my latest project with you - as always CC would be appreciated! I realise the subject/setting may not be to everyone's taste!

A while back I happened upon a long-derelict railway tunnel, which me and a few friends ventured into. We came across some ventilation shafts, dropping a column of ethereal light into the darkness. I took a few handheld shots with a 50mm and this is the best I could get... should give a good impression of the natural light down there. The first shaft was roughly 500m into the tunnel so apart from the shaft there is no light down there.

tunnel011005 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This gave me the idea for a nice band shot down there (we kinda dig the whole derelict/decay vibe : P ). I returned a few weeks later with all my kit. It was horrible down there, constant drips from the ceiling soaking everything after a short while. I'm in the band myself and didn't have anyone else at hand so these were all triggered via timed remote. The only light in this image is the vent shaft and torchlight lighting the background.
Let me know what you think - here's the final image:

The Engines of Armageddon on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

when I saw the first photo I didn't think it would amount to much. I am glad I was wrong. I really love the shot, (judging by your band's name) the feel and effect is perfect! i also think this would look nice as a heavily desaturated image.

wow! the second image looks awesome, nicely done. kinda dark atmosphere

i also think this would look nice as a heavily desaturated image.

Cool, I hadn't thought of that - might give it a try.

Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back