BANDITO!!!

Paparoksguitar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
banditosmall.jpg

My buddy sent me an incredibly dirty text, a text from last night quote which gave me this idea haha.

Wanted to try this out cause i just got my b1600 and octabox :)
did i mention my bro is amazing for always putting up with my random crap.

none really? I'm tired of having to beg for comments. this is getting ridiculous.

We need more info on why it's funny. Right now, it's just a guy wearing a big hat pointing at us and we don't know why. I think it looks fine, but I don't really get it.

1.) I think a tighter crop would help, there is too much dead space above his head. I would probably crop through the hat and get his eyes in the middle top 1/3 of the photo.

2.) The telephone poles and wires are distracting. You shot this at f/8, I would go to a lower power setting on your 1600 (if possible) and open your aperture up to get a shallower depth of field.

3. The skin looks funny and has hot spots. It looks like you did some kind of skin smoothing. What size and how far away was your softbox? You need to get that softbox in nice and close to get the softness and quality of light it is intended to produce.

4.) This photo might look better processed as an old time black and white with the proper crop.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you guys for the comments i appreciate them.
It really wasn't intended to be all that funny. it was kind of a joke but i didn't feel like doing the usual portrait. So i did this just so i could text out my octabox.

The background was actually added in later. The BG was a picture i took in the summer and i just photoshopped him into it.
I agree with you about the tighter crop, especially to get rid of the telephone wires (a photographers biggest enemy).

I did some weird skin/dodging and burning which im not so much of a fan of. I'm gonna stop doing it, it just doesnt produce good results. The octabox was close though cause my room is so tiny it had to be really tight in.

Don't just quit. Dodge & burn can be very useful. It is all about manipulating the values though so it doesn't come off too strong.

Don't just quit. Dodge & burn can be very useful. It is all about manipulating the values though so it doesn't come off too strong.
no no no, i'm not quiting dodging and burning. It was a certain technique i was trying out with it that was weird. it was like part hdr/dodge and burn.

I'm still gonna keep up the dodge and burn regularly.

Most reactions

Back