Bandwagon wheel c&c.

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Calling this one bandwagon wheel. Giving it a sarcastic name because the picture itself and the editing (new adjustment layer - curves - play with RGB) are both very common lately on sites like flickr.

I'm not sure how I feel about it... I started without being serious and I really like it now that I'm done. I'm almost ashamed that I like it.

Someone put some sense into me..

hipsterwheel.jpg

Must say I like the processing, can you explain in more detail what you did?

I like the texture of the metal
I like the fact it's broken an mangled
I like the ray of light painting over the lower portion and then falling onto the ground.
I like the dof, and within the background I like that little hill that leads out into the opening.

What I don't like:
Those little sticks coming up through the wheel (but I can deal).

Must say I like the processing, can you explain in more detail what you did?

Thanks for the reply, you too Dominantly.

EDIT: Also, photoshop has a 'cross process' curves preset that some people have said does the same thing (probably more dramatic than what I've done here)

Well.. I basically got the idea off reddit. I'll link directly to the discussion: Amazing Style: Anyone have his postwork technique? He gave it away a while back, but I missed it. : photography

I used the Layer menu in photoshop and went to New Adjustment Layer and selected Curves from the submenu. I then selected the red channel, brought the levels up a bit. Same with green except green got a little more in the shadow department. Blue was raised mostly shadows and fell off towards the bright end of the spectrum. Then I used the RGB channel and played with it until I like the tones. I desaturated a little after I flattened the image and burned around the edges since that's completely unoriginal and overdone. :D

Most reactions

Back