Barbara in the studio.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Dear friend and incredible talent visited the studio last week. Got some good shots. This being one of them. Let me know what you think.

Love & Bass

20080705dsc0054sh5.jpg

The only comment I'll put forth is that I think the highlights on the face are a little bright; maybe 1/2 stop or so, but that's about it. Was this a direct strobe, reflected strobe, or ??

I'm just a beginner, but it seems to me like in the third photo there's something strange-looking about her hair meeting the background. It looks pixely(?), maybe its from resizing the photo or something. I don't really know how to describe it. But it also could very well just be me or my monitor. :)

These are good shots. I think you did a great job of showing how big-boned girls can be beautiful too! :) And I like how there's not too much detail loss on the highlights of her face and shoulder, elbows, etc. So many photos (like mine) have these blown out, but on yours they're mostly just higher-key.

Thank you for sharing, sir! :)

Thanks for the comments! Good eye Sr Hound. The effect you see is a quickie attempt to erase stray hair. Larger women are tough to photograph. I am hoping it will turn into a niche market for me.

Love & Bass

I see too many bright areas on the lips, face and belt try to blend them to one main tone, other than that they look good;)

i think you did great!!
She's a very beautiful girl!
and larger women are harder to photograph, but if you get it right.... it's always fantastic, I'm pretty sure you got it right!!

A larger woman is not harder to photograph. It just takes a bit of thinking to help the client reach the looks she wants. Lighting, positions, lose fitting outfits along with flattering colors and attention to the details of what makes "her" look good will always yield a great photo shoot;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back