Barely hanging on....

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had planned to photograph this garden spider (a very active species of "wildlife" in our own garden just now!) happily sitting in the centre of its web, enjoying the early morning sun.

By the time I lifted the camera to my eyes though, through the viewfinder I could see that supposedly just seconds before, Mia, the cat, must have run through the net, destroying large parts of it. Little spider was barely hanging on to the remains of its home!

spinnennetzkaputt2.jpg

This is an all uncropped photo, showing the closest closeness my macro settings at the end of the telezoom can offer me. There is no way for me to get any closer to things. Next step to more close-up photos would be crops from a frame as large as this. But a dedicated macro lens is not in the cards for me as of now...

The light is wonderful!! Good capture, and the border in the same shade as the spider works well

Glad you seem to like this, I did, too, even though the web had been destroyed by our cat. I liked how translucent that spider became in the backlight provided by the sun! :D But I still think that it's a pity I cannot get any closer than this...

Most reactions

Back