Bark

Thanks Tecboy :) Yes,, the branches rendered quite nicely in this one!

The dark branch to the right is balanced out quite nicely. My eyes bounce back and forward between it And the in focus trunk meaning it keeps my eyes in the frame longer. Good job!

Thanks Pete! That's exactly what my eye does too, bounces from one to the other and I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not ;)

Really like this! I can't decide about the tree on the right. I tried holding a piece of paper over it to see how it would look without and I like it equally without the tree. My focus goes more to the motion that is represented when the tree is not there and more to the tree on the left when it is.

I like this. It hold my interest! cool effect indeed

Thanks all :)

Ha John, oops, sorry to tease ;)

SquarePeg, thank you, I came to the sameish conclusion, I've tried the crop and without the crop and they both work in different ways, I think my biggest issue with the tree on the right is it sits in my peripheral vision when I'm exploring the trunk on the right and it bugs me a bit but that might just be me lol

Thanks Bryan! I'm glad you enjoy it :)

really like this...

Thanks Maria!

I like it. Keep the trunk. I think both the thin trunk and the one on the right edge are essential to anchoring the composition. Without them it is incomplete because the lines leading from the left don't take you anywhere.

Great processing, I think this image would be successful with or without the tree on the right. The blur is manufactured but the addition second tree sorta makes you questioned the manufactured element of your first perception ... the second tree sorta holds your attention and makes you look at the detail. How did you attain this effect?

Very nice. I like this picture a lot.

Thank you Ken, good point! It does frame that side and send the eye back in again.
T, woot! Thanks!
Gary, thanks for your thoughts, the effect is made at the time of shooting, not in post. I take the images from this series from the vehicle as Hubby drives, the effect is created with slow shutter speeds+panning, the only processing done is what I would consider "normal raw processing" and in this case B&W conversion, no actions or Photosop effects are used ;)

Most reactions

Back