Barn door

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by The wife!, Nov 27, 2017.

1. sleist

sleist Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Meaning what exactly? What was the competition? Was there any? Who were the judges? How drunk were they?
    You can't answer any of these questions.

I'm not trying to dis the photo (apart from my stated issues with it), I just feel like your reasoning is flawed.
    Liking something because others like something is Facebook logic.

2. sleist

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So my opinion is wrong because you disagree with me. Got it.

3. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Top Poster Of Month

Dude don't be an ASS. You already said you didn't like it and why. And you are dissing it / insulting it, by questioning how drunk the judges were? And yes I can answer the questions!

4. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

Uh, I never mentioned your post! I never said I disagreed with anyone on it! As you were not the only one! I only replied it won a ribbon at a Fair. Your the one insulting it after I posted it won a ribbon!

You don't like it. You voiced it. Nuff said.

5. Light Guru

Light Guru Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yup local fair competitions are pointless. They are heavily bias as to what kind of tings the judges like (and the judges may not even be photographers.

For example. I entered a state fair once and when looking at the winners of the landscape category I noticed that the winners happened to have people in them (not typical for a landscape). I looked up who the judges were and they were all people photographers.

6. sleist

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My response was not regarding the image. It was regarding the fact that you imply that my opinion is unjustified based on the opinions of others.
    I don't really care what awards this may have won. My opinions regarding it are still my opinions and you can disagree all you wish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Light Guru

Light Guru Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    From this i take it that you know the person who t took the photo. The OP's user name is "The Wife" so my guess is she is your wife.

If you cant take others giving negative opinions of her photos then you should not be following her on the forum.

8. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

The local photography club runs the photo competitions!

Hahahaha, photo snobbery at it's finest. Have to be a photographer to determine if a picture is truely a good photograph or not.

There is a reason my first reply to this post was what it was for this picture. And several people on this site knows why!

9. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, it is my wife. I NEVER mentioned you nor him, or the third person who had made a comment about the picture not quite being up to snuff. I ONLY posted without quotes, it won a dammed ribbon. HE then asked how drunk the judges were, was there even any competition, and who the judges were. Clearly he values his opinion over anyone elses! Even when not challenged!

And to answer some of his questions - The photo competition was run by the local PHOTOGRAPHY club and judged by them (we are not members). It was part of the State Fair in Bangor. The photo competion took an entire hall in the convention center!

10. benhasajeep

Top Poster Of Month

I never quoted or mentioned you or anyone else! I only said it won a ribbon! I never challenged your opinion in any way. Nor did I challenge either of the other two who made a comment they didn't feel it was that good!

You inserted yourself!

Also - I did a similar post for 2 of her other pictures. That they won ribbons and or published in local paper. I quoted no one in any of those posts. I only added they won ribbons!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  11. sleist

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Actually, you inserted yourself. You tried to invalidate negative opinions by adding history that was not part of the discussion up to that point.
    Had you just left it all alone it might have been a normal discussion of art - people have differing opinions and honest discussions regarding perspectives based on varying experiences.

But nope. I'm an ass because your wife won an award at a country fair and I'm not moved to change my mind.

Super.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

Play nice or go sleep it off, kids.