Barn door

So my opinion is wrong because you disagree with me. Got it.

Uh, I never mentioned your post! I never said I disagreed with anyone on it! As you were not the only one! I only replied it won a ribbon at a Fair. Your the one insulting it after I posted it won a ribbon!

You don't like it. You voiced it. Nuff said.

The printed and framed version won 2nd place for special edditing in a local fair.

Meaning what exactly? What was the competition? Was there any? Who were the judges?

Yup local fair competitions are pointless. They are heavily bias as to what kind of tings the judges like (and the judges may not even be photographers.

For example. I entered a state fair once and when looking at the winners of the landscape category I noticed that the winners happened to have people in them (not typical for a landscape). I looked up who the judges were and they were all people photographers.

My response was not regarding the image. It was regarding the fact that you imply that my opinion is unjustified based on the opinions of others.
I don't really care what awards this may have won. My opinions regarding it are still my opinions and you can disagree all you wish.

The printed and framed version won 2nd place for special edditing in a local fair.

From this i take it that you know the person who t took the photo. The OP's user name is "The Wife" so my guess is she is your wife.

If you cant take others giving negative opinions of her photos then you should not be following her on the forum.

Meaning what exactly? What was the competition? Was there any? Who were the judges?

Yup local fair competitions are pointless. They are heavily bias as to what kind of tings the judges like (and the judges may not even be photographers.

For example. I entered a state fair once and when looking at the winners of the landscape category I noticed that the winners happened to have people in them (not typical for a landscape). I looked up who the judges were and they were all people photographers.
The local photography club runs the photo competitions!

Hahahaha, photo snobbery at it's finest. Have to be a photographer to determine if a picture is truely a good photograph or not.

There is a reason my first reply to this post was what it was for this picture. And several people on this site knows why!

From this i take it that you know the person who t took the photo. The OP's user name is "The Wife" so my guess is she is your wife.

If you cant take others giving negative opinions of her photos then you should not be following her on the forum.

Yes, it is my wife. I NEVER mentioned you nor him, or the third person who had made a comment about the picture not quite being up to snuff. I ONLY posted without quotes, it won a dammed ribbon. HE then asked how drunk the judges were, was there even any competition, and who the judges were. Clearly he values his opinion over anyone elses! Even when not challenged!

And to answer some of his questions - The photo competition was run by the local PHOTOGRAPHY club and judged by them (we are not members). It was part of the State Fair in Bangor. The photo competion took an entire hall in the convention center!

My response was not regarding the image. It was regarding the fact that you imply that my opinion is unjustified based on the opinions of others.
I don't really care what awards this may have won. My opinions regarding it are still my opinions and you can disagree all you wish.

I never quoted or mentioned you or anyone else! I only said it won a ribbon! I never challenged your opinion in any way. Nor did I challenge either of the other two who made a comment they didn't feel it was that good!

You inserted yourself!

Also - I did a similar post for 2 of her other pictures. That they won ribbons and or published in local paper. I quoted no one in any of those posts. I only added they won ribbons!

Last edited:

I never quoted or mentioned you or anyone else! I only said it won a ribbon! I never challenged your opinion in any way. Nor did I challenge either of the other two who made a comment they didn't feel it was that good!

You inserted yourself!

Actually, you inserted yourself. You tried to invalidate negative opinions by adding history that was not part of the discussion up to that point.
Had you just left it all alone it might have been a normal discussion of art - people have differing opinions and honest discussions regarding perspectives based on varying experiences.

But nope. I'm an ass because your wife won an award at a country fair and I'm not moved to change my mind.

Super.

You inserted yourself!

Actually, you inserted yourself. You tried to invalidate negative opinions by adding history that was not part of the discussion up to that point.
Had you just left it all alone it might have been a normal discussion of art - people have differing opinions and honest discussions regarding perspectives based on varying experiences.

But nope. I'm an ass because your wife won an award at a country fair and I'm not moved to change my mind.

Super.
So, let me get this straight. You can post a comment you do not like it. And was never challenged for that comment. But if I post it won an award without quoting anything or anyone. You are saying by doing that, I was attacking you, without mentioning you or others? WOW!!! So, can anyone make a possitive comment comment about the picture without your permission first?

As the photo is removed the thread is now locked.

All users please remember that ALL of the galleries are open to critique. By posting photos you agree to allow other users to comment/critique your work. If you do no wish for critique you can use the Just for Fun gallery
Just For Fun!

I would also like to remind users to remain respectful at all times toward each other. Choose your language carefully and be polite, there is no need to resort to crude comments that can result in a disagreement.

Thank you for answering MY QUESTION. If others were not so conceited as to only read their own posts, they would have seen you were answering MY QUESTION.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back