Barred Eagle-Owl

JustAnEngineer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you folks think of this sequence? I missed the first hawk in flight during the show, but when I realized that they were setting up for another flyer, I switched to AI Servo, and managed to capture these (using EOS 40D and EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM in Program mode). Click on these tiny images for larger versions.
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
7. 8. 9.
10. 11. 12.
13. 14. 15.
16. 17.
This owl weighs about three pounds and has a wingspan of almost six feet.

Looks like you may have got some really good shots there, but the pics are so small it's hard to tell.

Looks like you may have got some really good shots there, but the pics are so small it's hard to tell.
:confused: All of the linked images are small JPEGs (1936x1288 pixels), straight from the EOS 40D without any post processing. At 2.5 megapixels, that's not large enough to fill a 30" monitor or print a poster, but it shows pretty decent resolution. I also recorded 3888x2592 14-bit RAW files, but at 13 MB each, they are too large to post.

Anty - clicky on the photos for larger ;)

A great series of shots - well done with managing to keep the focus on the bird through the flight!
I really like the last 2

D'oh! I'm such an eedgit! Didn't see the notation about clicking to get a larger image.

Love 7, 8 and 16 especially. What a beautiful bird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back