Barrett 82A1

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to a gun show/exhibition today and this one had a neat twist, not only could you hold the weapons you could fire them as well.
At the back of each booth was a short range, wonderful idea!
There was one particular rifle I've always wanted to try and that was the Barrett 82A1, a semi-automatic of 0.50 BMG caliber.
Let me tell you it was an experience! I now want one for my very own and I thought photography was expensive.
Here's what the rifle looks like:

Barrett-82A1.jpg

I kept one of the empties, here's what it looks like next to a live 9mm and .22 round.:

50MT.jpg

Reach out, reach out and touch someone! :lol:

Awesome, but Sid, you're gonna have to take up robbing banks to feed that thing!

photobug said:

Awesome, but Sid, you're gonna have to take up robbing banks to feed that thing!

please dont say that around me.... :cry:

md

photobug said:

please dont say that around me.... :cry:

md

Is there an echo in this forum?
Hmmmm.....an inside job maybe?

photobug said:

So that's why people work for AT&T!

I'll bet that was a LOT of fun! How was the recoil on that beast? I'm sure the comp helped a lot. Was there a lot of back blast? Would be a neat shot of it going off and the dust it must kick up.

airgunr said:
I'll bet that was a LOT of fun! How was the recoil on that beast? I'm sure the comp helped a lot. Was there a lot of back blast? Would be a neat shot of it going off and the dust it must kick up.

Oh man it was a Blast! (pun intended)
Recoil is not that bad although it seems to go on for a long time so you get pushed further back than you'd expect, limits sight picture recovery time somewhat.
I've got a Remington 742 in 30-06 that's a lot more vicious.
The shock wave is what really gets your attention and everyone near too!
The pic was the best I could do under the circumstances because obviously I couldn't take pics on the firing line, only from behind so poor angles and the lighting contrast is big.
BTW, they also had a couple of Gatling guns in 45-70, a Boyes anti-tank rifle (also in 0.50 BMG), a Browning 1919 belt-fed in 45-70 and a 2lb Whitworth Howitzer!
When they fired the howitzer it wasn't as loud as the 50's but the smoke cloud was huge! (Black powder).

Most reactions

Back