Bartender Girl Photoshoot - Critiques Please

Kemal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a shoot I did a little while ago. I used my Pentax K10D with the kit lens and a 55 mm manual lens. Tell me what you think. I have more of this up on http://www.kemal.ca

Picture_121.jpg

Picture_082.jpg

Picture_158.jpg

the colors are fairly flat - I would try and get them to "pop" more. Also, the lines of the hallway and wall in 3 bugs me as the angle is off.

I think this series has some potential.

are they blurry ?

I agree with shorty...they could be sharper. What bothers me is the waaay bright ceiling. Lots of potential with this though IMHO...I like where it's going.

Seems like you have a great connection going with the model--which i think is really important--she looks really comfortable in front of the camera.

Well the rest of the series is on www.kemal.ca my lens was set at f2 it's a 55 mm kit lens from a Pentax KX, I have read that if you go any more open, to, lets say 1.4 that you lose contrast. Any experience with that?

The composition and the model's poses are very nice. Number three is my favorite. I agree with nabero; she looks very relaxed and natural.

Maybe try adjusting the white balance in ps. It might just be my monitor, but these look like they have a greenish/flourescent cast to them, which isn't the most flattering for her skin and hair.

the colors are fairly flat - I would try and get them to "pop" more. Also, the lines of the hallway and wall in 3 bugs me as the angle is off.

I think this series has some potential.

I'm sure the OP wants to know this too... Aside from photoshopping, Is there anything you can suggest to get that "pop"?

I think that the blurriness in the photos is a result of missing the focus. in 1 and 2 the bricks right in front of the model are in focus, and the background seems sharper to me in the last one.

Most reactions

Back