Baseball in the backyard...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Trying_to_learn, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Trying_to_learn

Trying_to_learn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Keep in mind that this is the first time I've ever set up props or anything to take pictures of. I was sitting at home bored, and decided to try somethin out. Here is a few

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. notelliot

notelliot TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    personally, i'm not finding these to be very interesting. the dead centre compositions aren't really working for these shots. also, you have really, really harsh light (i'm assuming direct sunlight). maybe throw some fill-flash in, or use a reflector to bounce some fill in and even out the shadows a little.

3. Trying_to_learn

Photos OK to edit
    That might work, but all I have is a camera. I didn't think the shots were very good, but just something I thought I would try. Thanks for the comments.

4. notelliot

notelliot TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    now, don't get me wrong. i didn't say they were bad, just personally not my thing. you should definitely keep it up. if all you have is a camera, and not very much of a budget, there are several things you can use for a relatively low cost reflector; a very white sheet of bristol board would work, just keep in mind that it needs to be pretty flat.

5. Trying_to_learn

Photos OK to edit
    I'll keep that in mind. I'll learn all that kind of stuff when I start school, but for now, I'm very new to the whole idea of photography. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate all comment,

6. andrew todd

andrew todd TPF Noob!

shoot around sunset for better quality light.. try to get a different perspective. when you look at these pictures its from the same perpective that anyone would see a baseball glove on the ground.. just looking straight down at it.. get low.. try a bunch of different stuff.

7. Trying_to_learn

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, I'll try that out.