Basic Baby Backer

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by scooterpie2, Sep 17, 2007.

1. scooterpie2

scooterpie2 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would appreciate some ideas os suggestions on some thing to use to take baby shots in natural light as far as support for the little one to lean on front or back. I was thinking of something made of wood? what do yuo think? :confused:

After reading this and not receving any response after 13 views maybe i was not clear on what it is i am talking about.
    i am going to be taking some pictures outside of some small children that are not strong enough to hold theirselves up very well. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to support them with somesort of bench or brace that could be used.
    sorry for any confusion.

2. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

3. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I remember when my sister was getting her portraits done in my home...the photography just used a wide lens, and held her up....backed up and took her picture...and then caught her before she fell...lmfao!

He should had something instead...

4. scooterpie2

scooterpie2 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks for the replys . you were right about a bit old school JIP but hey there are some good things in there that poser thing looks like something that would get the pose i had in mind . thanks again.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I built something very similar to the baby poser on that link. But rather than having a saddle on the back side, for the kid to sit on, I built an adjustable shelf that they can stand or kneel on.

Also, there is a great product for babies that are strong enough to hold their heads up...but not strong enough to sit up on their own. It's called the Bumbo chair. It's made of foam, like a Nerf ball...and it holds them up quite well.