Basics critique

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of shots I took this morning. I always welcome any critiques but I'm particularly wondering if there are any obvious errors in focus, processing and such. I've realized recently that my processing left much to be desired. Thanks for any help.

Sunflower.jpg

Verticalshotofwash.jpg

in #1 it is a bit noisy. What is your ISO setting? To me I am having difficulty focusing on the picture. I like #2, you could have messed with some saturation here, increased it to make the picture "pop" more. It should bring out more green in the plants, and more red in the dirt. Just mess around and you'll learn quickly.

Number one you may have dropped the levels some. Or the brightness a tad. What are you using for post processing?

Thanks to both of you for responding.

The ISO on the first one was set at 200. (Thought I had it at 100.) I noticed what seems like noise and I think it's blurred plant parts in the background. A goof I'll try to remember.

I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro XI. I've used up my self-indulgence budget on the camera and lens but someday I'll get Photoshop.

Joves, these were taken about an hour and fifteen minutes' drive south of you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back