basketball photos

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well i went to shoot my highschools girls varsity basketball team the other night for a yearbook deadline im workin on. i took all my stuff but just ended up stickin with my 50mm 1.8 the entire time. i was happy with how they turned out, i figured id share one with yall. i choose this photo as the big one on the spread, so i hope the girl is happy :)

1/320 f1.8 iso800

IMG_3097_1.jpg

Great action shot! It just looks a bit underexposed to me.

Since your profile said OK to Edit, here is a sample of the type of pp that could have been done very quickly. Still far from perfect, I brightened the face and the ball a little and selectively sharpened a little as well. The lower legs and the arms still need some brightening but it needs to be done selectively or the brighter background will start to interfere with the player.

skieur

basketballpp.jpg

The edited photo looks like her face and the ball are grainy, almost looks like someone did a head swap.
I think the first one looks fine, specially for a yearbook.

The PP photo doesn't look as good as the original. Although, I too think it's a bit under exposed. Great Action shot though, I like the intensity on the player's face.

That edit looks flipping awful.

The original photo is very good. It's sharp, it's a great shot, and it just needs a bit of PP. It is underexposed and a bit flat. Fix those and it will be great!

The original photo is very good. It's sharp, it's a great shot, and it just needs a bit of PP. It is underexposed and a bit flat. Fix those and it will be great!

Hmm. The original looks soft focused and underexposed. I guess you need a better monitor. :sexywink:

skieur

Hmm. The original looks soft focused and underexposed. I guess you need a better monitor. :sexywink:

skieur

Oh really? Then the three people above me must be wrong too.

I have to agree with John here Skier. I looked at these on my laptop and my Mac and the original is sharper than the edit. The edit puts more noise into her face and uniform. I think you are right the original is underexposed and could use some post though.

the edit looks gross. the original looks way better

The "edited" version is sloppy

I played/edited your pic and here's something quick:

Original:

2hcp7xl.jpg

Edit 1 - Lighter

2ymww1d.jpg

Edit 2 - Lighter_2

122mgzm.jpg

Edit 3 - Lux style

2evsppt.jpg

Most reactions