Basketball Photos

wwjoeld

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Best Shot from the game i went to today......

339%3A65%3B923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D787%3D697%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9564786ot1lsi

ISO 1600, f 4, 1/350, 130mm with the 10D

Out of how many, Joe?

With sports photography, I too find that you can't take enough photos, and you'll always get a lot of bloopers.
The sport I sometimes try to capture in photos is swimming, since both my kids, mostly so my daughter, are into competitive swimming, and it is "not easy", to put it mildly, to get good results all the time.

But I am a little proud to say that one of my photos on swimming "made the press" the other day (ok-ok, it's just our local paper, but... ;))...

Nice composition Joel!

i noticed that at sporting/action event i take heaps of photos too, and only 1 or 2 are keepers. I run out of space on my flash card (only 128 mb) and i have to go back and delete the crap ones i took so i can take more :( damn that Full CF message!

Thanks Vonnagy.I know the frustration of cards filling up.

I have two 256s and i filled one of them up, and this shot was my fav. I had a few others that were acceptable. The lighting was not that great in the court i was shooting at either.

I had to digitally "push" that one.

LaFoto said:
But I am a little proud to say that one of my photos on swimming "made the press" the other day (ok-ok, it's just our local paper, but... ;))...

Good for you! :thumbsup: thats really cool you got one of your shots in the paper, I would be very proud of myself if it were me.

I like the shot you took Wwjoeld, did you edit it at all? I personally would enrich the color a bit, but it's an awesome shot either way.

BTW, what does it mean to digitally "push" a shot?

i agree about the color.

I was referring to pushing it one stop, because it was underexposed by one stopped. I did the "pushing' in photoshop by screening to layers together.

Most reactions

Back