basking flowers

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by charizzi, Dec 6, 2005.

1. charizzi

charizzi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I hope you like it!! I'm taking a floral design class and had these flowers leftover. :D Any comments or critiques are welcome! Thanks for looking! :cyclops:

2. Eightball Walker

Eightball Walker TPF Noob!

Something doesn't seem right, maybe the light is to harsh? I'm not quite sure...good shot though, well framed.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    In this I don't find the light too harsh. The sun was shining onto bright flowers, that much is ok, but they can still be seen in all their detail, I can't detect any blown-out parts here. I like how the brightness of the flowers in the sun contrasts with the dark background, and I like that the window pane is dirty and therefore spreads the shaft of light and makes obvious that there IS a window. I'd be too embarrassed to show you this in MY photos (since my windows would look the same... :blushing: :oops: ), but I like it in THIS one!!!

4. charizzi

charizzi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah it looks brighter on my laptop I guess because the color and brightness on my LCD isn't that great, but it looks darker on my CRT monitor. Thank you for your comment Eightball Walker! :D

Thank you LaFoto!! LOL! Yeah I noticed that the window pane was dirty!! :blushing: I took that at my dorm, which I'm rarely in since I'm so busy! I cleaned it last weekend though!!! yey!!

Have a great day!!

5. Knopka

Knopka TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When I lived in a dorm, we only cleaned our windows once... in two years :lmao: ! Who cares! And as it turns out, they make a great background :D !
    Did I mention that I love this shot?!
    However, if I were to take it, I'd put the flowers in something made out of glass. Try it next time you have leftover flowers ;)!

6. charizzi

charizzi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for the comment Knopka! haha!! Thats a good idea with the glass! I'll try that next time :D