Batch Processing in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by danalec99, Jan 30, 2005.

1. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I found Dr. Brown's Image Processor 2.2 over here, where you could find a bunch of other helpful Photoshop tips for photographers and designers.

Just batch converted a whole bunch of tiffs to jpeg in under few secs!! Check it out!

2. Rogue Monk

Rogue Monk TPF Noob!

Batch processing and Actions are one of those unsung heros in PS (and, I'm sure in other programs as well).

I like making my own shortcuts this way too. If you use crop on a regular basis, you can make it an action and then set a shortcut key instead of always going to the menu. You can do this with any menu command (blur, sharpen, resize, rotate, etc.)

I used to work in a copy shop and people would come in with disks full of images (200 or more...seriously) and want one copy of each. A quick automated action to open, resize, and print and I was off to a coffee break.

If anyone doesn't know what these are and they're processing more than five images at a time, I'd definitely recommend learning about it.

3. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do a lot of batch processing with irfanview as well.