Battered- Sunrise on the coast

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
rye.jpg

I don't know what it is, but I ALWAYS find these old lobster traps while out shooting sunrise on the coast. To me, they really embody the spirit of the New England coastline, so I often incorporate them in my compositions. Trying some different processing techniques here, let me know what you think.

This an exposure blend for the sky/foreground. Taken in Rye, NH

X2 always great.
Can you briefly explain ' exposure blending'. I have tried bracketing, and panoramas in pp. I see focus stacking mentioned a lot also which I somewhat understand but haven't tried it yet. My PSE 11 has an 'exposure blending' but haven't tried it yet.
Thanks.

X2 always great.
Can you briefly explain ' exposure blending'. I have tried bracketing, and panoramas in pp. I see focus stacking mentioned a lot also which I somewhat understand but haven't tried it yet. My PSE 11 has an 'exposure blending' but haven't tried it yet.
Thanks.

For the exposure blending I'm combining multiple shots exposed for different parts of the scene. For this it's just an exposure for the sky (which I believe was -2EV) and an exposure for the foreground. Then I hand blend them together in photoshop. I do lots of exposure blending combined with focus stacking (which is the same principle but using different shots that are focused throughout the scene for maximum depth of field and sharpness)

Most reactions

Back