Batteries For Canon Speedlite 177A

WinterNight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought the Canon speedlite 177A flash, and in the manual it says to use Alkaline Manganese Batteries (LR6), i tried searching everywhere but could not find any Alkaline Manganese Batteries, so i was wondering if any regular alkaline battery will work, like duracells.

radioshack carries them last time I checked...I use standard Rechargable duracell AA in my Speedlight 155A, but that is a different flash, not sure how similar they are.

Last edited:
really? i just checked, I searched for Alkaline Manganese batteries and no batteries came up. They do however have alkaline batteries. Does the 177A flash need Alkaline Manganese batteries, or will any alkaline battery work?

really? i just checked, I searched for Alkaline Manganese batteries and no batteries came up. They do however have alkaline batteries. Does the 177A flash need Alkaline Manganese batteries, or will any alkaline battery work?

Alkaline manganese batteries are standard alkaline batteries....Alkaline Manganese was used back then to diferenciate from the now obsolete Mercury Oxide Cells which where commonly used in photographic equipment.

Alkaline manganese batteries are standard alkaline batteries....Alkaline Manganese was used back then to diferenciate from the now obsolete Mercury Oxide Cells which where commonly used in photographic equipment.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok. I did not know that. I thought Alkaline Manganese and Alkaline batteries were different. Thank you so much for your help!!

Most reactions

Back