Battery grip for D7000?

What's to be ready for? It's a lens... not an aircraft. It's essentially saying that you're not ready to shoot sharper images and let more light in.
Buying better glass is different though, as it has a definitive result, where as, accessories don't in most cases. You buy a better lens, not just for the quality,
but for the clearly better image it produces over it's lower priced counter parts.

I use PW at school and YongNuo's at home. Price is the only difference. The YN's are 1/8th the cost.

Listen, I'm mainly teasing about paying top dollar for your equipment, but just be aware that there are alternatives that do literally the same thing for a small fraction of the cost.
The only place you can't really skimp, is lenses.

One thing to keep in mind: Of the reports I've heard of after-market grips failing they all have one thing in common: They were working fine one minute and the next camera didn't work until the grip was removed. Likewise, of the reports I've heard of them failing they have all been at unimportant times. Sooner or later, for somebody, that's going to change. Their $50 WonderGrip is going to fail right in the middle of a very important, once-in-a-lifetime shot. The peace of mind of not worrying about that very much is worth a lot to me.

One thing to keep in mind: Of the reports I've heard of after-market grips failing they all have one thing in common: They were working fine one minute and the next camera didn't work until the grip was removed. Likewise, of the reports I've heard of them failing they have all been at unimportant times. Sooner or later, for somebody, that's going to change. Their $50 WonderGrip is going to fail right in the middle of a very important, once-in-a-lifetime shot. The peace of mind of not worrying about that very much is worth a lot to me.

For me, those 'once-in-a-lifetime' shots are taken with the camera sitting on a tripod, not a grip. So this is a moot point for me. I grip for snapshots.

What's to be ready for? It's a lens... not an aircraft. It's essentially saying that you're not ready to shoot sharper images and let more light in.
Buying better glass is different though, as it has a definitive result, where as, accessories don't in most cases. You buy a better lens, not just for the quality,
but for the clearly better image it produces over it's lower priced counter parts.

I use PW at school and YongNuo's at home. Price is the only difference. The YN's are 1/8th the cost.

Listen, I'm mainly teasing about paying top dollar for your equipment, but just be aware that there are alternatives that do literally the same thing for a small fraction of the cost.
The only place you can't really skimp, is lenses.

Lol no worries about busting my chops. I mean regardless of brand if you get a good pair of radio triggers, a little TLC will make them last longer.
Im still saving for that lens. All around if you have a solid camera body, good glass and accessories you will go a long way with having(wanting) to upgrade. It took me almost 5 months of saving for those pocket wizzies.

For me, those 'once-in-a-lifetime' shots are taken with the camera sitting on a tripod, not a grip. So this is a moot point for me. I grip for snapshots.

Both of my Nikon grips have tripod sockets on them so there is no need to take them off to use a tripod. The only time I take the grips off my camera bodies is to occasionally charge the battery in the body of my D7000. The grip on my D90 hasn't been off since I put it on there 3 years ago.

Both of my Nikon grips have tripod sockets on them so there is no need to take them off to use a tripod. The only time I take the grips off my camera bodies is to occasionally charge the battery in the body of my D7000. The grip on my D90 hasn't been off since I put it on there 3 years ago.

I'm fully aware of the tripod threads in the grip. The only thing I screw into those, however, is a BlackRapid strap.

I swore I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore.........

But I am.

So, I contacted Vello about my bad grip (since it was out of B&H's return policy). Shipped it to them in a box I had, they said "expect 3-7 weeks," something ridiculous like that. Turnaround time was about a week and a half. They said they would fix it for me, they just replaced the whole thing, no questions asked. Brand new one sent out in a brand new box full packaging.

that made me pretty stoked. You can find decent products from anywhere anymore, from nearly any price point. But when they have the service to back it up - that's where the money goes, IMO.

Anyway, new grip works perfectly, and it feels 3x as solid as the other ones I've had for my D7k.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back