Battery Grip for Nikon D40x

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i ordered one from adorama yesterday for my D40...$50...not bad...should help the grip and battery length.

that one chris linked to there looks much nicer though, what with the vert shutter release...and everything...

yea the one i posted is the one i use.. its great.. unless its really bright out.. it works as a remote, so it uses the IR sensor to trigger the camera, so its its to bright out, it wont work (this is the same with the remotes you can buy) if i am in a bright light situation, i just put my hand over the IR ports, and it works.. little bit harder to keep it steady though, since its one handed.. Tripods will help that... the bonus thing with one i sent is 1. vertical shutter 2. holds 2 enel9 batteries (longer time shooting) BUT make sure when your not using it, you turn off the camera, AND the grip, i always forget to turn off the grip, and many times have gone back to use the camera and the batteries were dead ) 3. they send you a pack to use AA batteries as welll.. JUST in case yours die.. AA's really don't last long though.. I've only tried them once, and literally got 2 shots out of it with AA's.. 4. it adds bulk to the camera.. I'm a big guy.. 6'5 280lbs.. i've got massive hands.. I always felt like a tool with the tiny d40 in my hands.. but now, its quite big, which is great.. it almost doubles the size of the camera.. great for big hands like mine..

that one chris linked to there looks much nicer though, what with the vert shutter release...
The D40 has no CPU contacts for a battery grip, unless the third battery contact is a CPU contact and the D40 has the brains and programming to link that to the shutter...which I don't know. Being an auction from Hong Kong, I wouldn't trust it.

The D40 has no CPU contacts for a battery grip, unless the third battery contact is a CPU contact and the D40 has the brains and programming to link that to the shutter...which I don't know. Being an auction from Hong Kong, I wouldn't trust it.

you obvioously didnt read my post about it...it doesnt act the way a typical grip does.. it acts as a remote, it doesnt use CPU, it uses IR senors.. read before you judge... it is trust worthy, as I have one, and it works great

This is how it works...
nikond40grip3.jpg

it has a IR send, that sends a signal to your IR reciever (just like the Nikon Remote)

also you can look link-delight on ebay,it is a power seller,i bought a d300 battery and work great,hope it can help you

Most reactions

Back