Battery Problem...

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As most of you know, I bought a Canon EOS 1N off of ebay the other day.
I bought a new battery for it because it didn't have one in it when it arrived.
It's been going through normal use, even less than normal use actually... 2 days after I put the battery in, it says it's low. :meh:

What could be the problem?
Could it be the camera itself or do you think it's just the battery?
It's Saturday so I'll have to wait until Monday to trade in the battery for a new one.
btw, it uses a 6 volt 2CR5 Lithium battery.

I would hate it if the camera sucked batteries... I would have to get my money back. I really like this camera, so if anyone has any clue as to what's wrong.

thanks in advance.

-Chris

Well, I cleaned the contacts and it seemed to fix the problems.
After I cleaned them the battery checker said the battery was half full instead of almost empty and hasn't returned to almost empty since.
I'm still going to get a new battery to check it again. :D

If you only take a couple of shots a week then your battery WILL last 6-12 months :lmao:
My Canon 20D battery lasts for around 800 shots with no flash.

darich said:
If you only take a couple of shots a week then your battery WILL last 6-12 months :lmao:
My Canon 20D battery lasts for around 800 shots with no flash.

About the same with 300D, maybe a bit less.

Thats odd...should last longer than that littleman...

The batteries in my EOS 650 film camera, last for over a year with plenty of use. It does not have a built-in flash and neither does your 1N...although your 1N has more advanced electronics which may use slightly more power.

Does it have the battery grip, power booster? If not you should look into it. You can then use 4 AAs in it (rechargeables if you wish), and they should last much longer, not to mention you can buy them anywhere, if you are in a pinch.

good news everyone...
I traded in the battery for a new one. The new battery has little nobbs on the contacts of the battery. It looks like it has a lot more contact so the electricity will flow a lot better, I think that was what the problem was. :D

So, I can say that the problem is solved! :D

-Chris

well... are they rechargable batteries? cos if so, you need to charge them for a few hours at the very beginning to "form" them. the same is with second andthird charging. then the batteries will last longer. and remember not to charge them when they are not fully used.

mentos_007 said:
well... are they rechargable batteries? cos if so, you need to charge them for a few hours at the very beginning to "form" them. the same is with second andthird charging. then the batteries will last longer. and remember not to charge them when they are not fully used.
no, they are not rechargable... old school cameras take old school batteries. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back