Bay Bridge in San francisco

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by matic08, Feb 3, 2010.

1. matic08

matic08 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I was out to dinner the other night and happen to bring my camera along but not my tripod. I couldn't get the exact angle I wanted but I was happy with this, as I have not been shooting in a while.

I cropped this cause I couldn't get the whole bridge in the shot and it didn't look right to me. I'm still learning so would love to hear any advice on this kinda of shot.

2. Xavi

Xavi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey there. I like where you were going with this pic. I like the idea of the moon hovering right over the bridge like that. On the other hand, I personally feel that the portrait orientation doesn't exactly suit the subject. In portrait, the bridge here looks a bit dwarfed, and there is just too much empty space below it to really appreciate. Maybe you can give it a second try and shoot landscape instead from a closer angle. Hope this helps.

best wishes

3. matic08

matic08 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the tip! I hope I can get back out there again soon, this time I'll be sure I don't forget my tripod.

4. dvduval

dvduval TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow, beautiful. I love that one. I haven't done black and white, but this picture makes me think about trying it.