Bay Photo - nothing but problems :(

Yep, sure is. It was a tough year, between breaking my collarbone, spraining my AC joint, and tearing my rotator cuff, having 2 hard drives crash and dealing with Bay on more than one occasion,there were many days I wanted to become a waitress. :)

That's alot to deal with...hope you get all recovered.

We took a month off during spring a month in summer and a few weeks here and for the kids so on that regard it was good - they're getting super active in sports, arts and the music.

My rant regarding this year is that almost every single client inquiry requests we're getting asks for digital files - ack! Expecting the same price of an album. We have to push a little life lesson and education in order to explain that most people who order discs just have them sit there and collect dust. These images were meant to be printed, as they've been retouched, colour corrected and a little LCD displaying their images really degrade them -nothing but an old argument here. But there's more and more every year that need to be educated. I wonder if eventually we will lose the battle...

Seriously, I'm starting to sneak a peek over at the commercial end. If I didn't enjoy myself as much I think I might've switched fields.

Yep, sure is. It was a tough year, between breaking my collarbone, spraining my AC joint, and tearing my rotator cuff, having 2 hard drives crash and dealing with Bay on more than one occasion,there were many days I wanted to become a waitress. :)

60475331.jpg

Awwwww...the poor little rich kid.

To update, I ordered replacement prints from MpixPro yesterday, and they were supposed to be in hand today. Guess what-they wont be here till Dec 19th. I had talked to Customer Serivce directly and they said it wouldnt be an issue, paid the fee, and now im out another $100.

I cannot wait for this year to be over. :(

Let us know how the prints from Mpix are in comparison to what you are used to. I won't use Mpix anymore, but was considering Bay Photos. Now, I'm not sure where I'll go.

FWIW, Mpix used my billing address instead of my shipping address for some recent photos so the client might not get those in time for Christmas, either. Heck, I'm thinking about just going back to Costco. Never had any of these types of problems with them.

To update, I ordered replacement prints from MpixPro yesterday, and they were supposed to be in hand today. Guess what-they wont be here till Dec 19th. I had talked to Customer Serivce directly and they said it wouldnt be an issue, paid the fee, and now im out another $100.

Let us know how the prints from Mpix are in comparison to what you are used to. I won't use Mpix anymore, but was considering Bay Photos. Now, I'm not sure where I'll go.

FWIW, Mpix used my billing address instead of my shipping address for some recent photos so the client might not get those in time for Christmas, either. Heck, I'm thinking about just going back to Costco. Never had any of these types of problems with them.

Kerb, I'll mail you my rejects and then you decide about Costco...

You don't need to. I'm sure every Costco and every lab is different. My local one happens to be fantastic. They take pride in what they produce and it shows. I personally liked Mpix because of their packaging, but their shipping problems and print quality were a deal breaker.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to upload a photo to my Costco and have me mail you the prints to compare, we could probably work something out.

You don't need to. I'm sure every Costco and every lab is different. My local one happens to be fantastic. They take pride in what they produce and it shows. I personally liked Mpix because of their packaging, but their shipping problems and print quality were a deal breaker.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to upload a photo to my Costco and have me mail you the prints to compare, we could probably work something out.

Might be a fun approach....funny how little I print anymore.

(I too am still waiting for my Smugmug/Bay bent and creased photos for replacement....like Rub.)

Krystal try GTA imaging in Toronto. They went above and beyond for me this year. They have the same metallic paper and albums etc. I would suggest either them or WHCC. WHCC's turn around time is phenomanal but GTA's customer service is amazing.

Mpix for prints I don't have any problems with except for the price comparison with Costco - I think I mentioned this on your thread Kerb. It's crazy how we are getting a bunch of mixed results from our vendors. I was dissing on Destin earlier but I'm sure he probably has a better experience like many compared to what I had with Bay...and now with Kristal. My intention with going and hiring Bay was that they were logistically the closest, it was possible for me to physically pick it up if shipping was an issue. Little did I know that problems with shipping wasn't the only thing, I had two orders with incorrect swatches within a month. It was plain ol' ridiculous. I don't know, maybe the tweakers on the graveyard shift were the ones performing QC on my order.

That's enough ranting from me. Hopefully we'll all have a good year for 2012!

Not enough ranting for me. Ups just called with a $90.34 customs charge. ARGH!!

We parted ways with Bay too.. Went to MPix for prints and WHCC for albums

So does Bay have a variety of labs then too? Of the 4 labs I sent to, those prints were closest to what my monitor looked like.

As far as I know, they just have the one lab in California.

Not enough ranting for me. Ups just called with a $90.34 customs charge. ARGH!!

For me, that's almost a one way ticket to Vegas!

Most reactions

Back