BC Rich...C/C Please

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I *tried* taking some shots of my BC Rich Warlock Yesterday..Its a perfect subject to shoot.. gorgeous guitar, but.. I couldnt really get any shots I was crazy about... the focus was all off.. and everything i wanted was blurred in all the wrong places.

First tried using my 50, then the 18-55.. dont remember which this was taken with. Probably the kit lens.

Not sure what I think about these shots... i converted them to B/W Because they looked like crap in color...

So tear it apart... Junk them.. keep them? whats the best way to go about taking pictures of instruments..? Let me hear it lol You are not going to hurt my feelings :lol:

1.) This one was SUPER dark.. and thats one of the reason its so "noisy"
BC_1.jpg

2.)
BC_2_clear.jpg

thanks for looking!

dont feel bad mine still has zero replies. I like them, however I cant decide if I like the noise or not, I do feel that is changes the image a lot to something more oldish look

First off, you're a badass chick for playing a guitar like that.. I have a Strat and an Ibanez RG320.

They're not bad. I'd like to see more of the guitar (especially one with such a unique shape). I like the second one. Noise always looks better in black and white I think. Those were both kit lens - exif says the focal length is 44mm on first and 55 mm on the second.

Maybe I'll take some pics of my guitars (sitting in the basement, what a shame).

dont feel bad mine still has zero replies. I like them, however I cant decide if I like the noise or not, I do feel that is changes the image a lot to something more oldish look
Yeah, I cant decide if i like it or not...lol Not so much an "older" look.. but its just different... some character maybe..

I like the grainy effect of the first on best I think, and cool on the warlock! I like the warlocks! I have an epiphone SG. Although I suck at electric HAHA My husband is the electric lead in the family (Epiphone Les Paul) My fav is my Alvarez (acoustic electric). Really need to play more again, (2nd child was born 2 years ago and that was pretty much an abrupt stop in playing because she wasn't a "keep herself occupied" baby like my first...lol Maybe I'll get my guitars out and do some practice shots, we have several I could work with

First off, you're a badass chick for playing a guitar like that.. I have a Strat and an Ibanez RG320.
:headbang: I have a gorgeous custom pained and chromed Ibanez 4 string (bass, obviously) ( my baby ..hehe) and my black, Red Bevel Warlock, 6 string..one thing i love about it.. is the widow headstock...rather than the bronze( which is laaame.haha) The warlock is pretty common though. especially in the *metal* scene... but still a nice piece. More pictures to come in the future <3

They're not bad. I'd like to see more of the guitar (especially one with such a unique shape). I like the second one. Noise always looks better in black and white I think. Those were both kit lens - exif says the focal length is 44mm on first and 55 mm on the second.

Maybe I'll take some pics of my guitars (sitting in the basement, what a shame)
.[/QUOTE]

I tried taking more of the *guitar* itself... I really wanted a shot focusing in on the body up the neck.. but I couldnt get it to do what I wanted :lol: !@$#.. haha.
aww, why are they sitting in the basement.. boo!!! lol Take some, post them.. would like to see them :D

Here is one i cant wait to get my hands on... on my wish list... :drool::drool:
( cant seem to find it on bcs website anymore ;-
http://www.drumza.com/images/BCRichBeastNTElectricBassGuitar.jpg
The BC Rich, BEAST, 5 string NT. With *Bat* inlays in the fret. Mmm sexy <3 haha.. ok I'll quit drooling now.:meh:

The son of beast is pretty bad ass too.. id want that in a guitar though.
B.C. Rich Guitars - WMD SOB - Son of Beast - Rockfield Fat Ass and Mafia Pickups

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdLVQG7-4C8[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEVodXzNmPM[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79peD6i-rw[/ame]

......sorry got side tracked. haha, thanks for looking and commenting :)

Last edited:
Certainly not a fan of BC Rich guitars, but I love that second shot! Black and white was perfect here, but I do have an issue with the grain. I think it ruins the whole sleek texture you have here in the guitar finish & pegs. Other than that its a great photograph

i like the b&w touch, but they are too noisy for my liking.

I like #3, its the one you're going to take next and it will look fantastic. :thumbup:

Other than the noise its all right...oh yeah, and the fact that its a BC Rich :)

If you want an oddball guitar, get a Dean Dimebolt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back