Be careful who you buy from

TCampbell

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is what Nikon gets for making the body parts that closely interchangeable.
i could see D4 to D4s but D7100 to a full frame D610? come on Nikon...get it together and at least make some body changes that make it difficult to impossible to just throw on a higher bodies case.

Regardless, it's neither Nikons fault nor their problem.

I can take a 1/2 ton Ford truck and pull the x150 emblem off it and put an X350 emblem I bought from a junkyard or off eBay and try to pass the truck off as a 1-ton. Its not Fords problem I am a thief.

i could see D4 to D4s but D7100 to a full frame D610?

Yeah - that one tripped me up too. I can see convincing someone that full-frame model 'x' is really full frame model 'x+', etc. but it really surprised me that someone could pass off a crop-frame body as a full-frame body and have the buyer not realize that something is fishy with the camera.

I don't think it's Nikon's fault though. You probably WANT your camera vendor to use somewhat common components... if absolutely every part is a one-off it makes them more expensive to build (no economies of scale through sharing of components) and more expensive to service.

If a buyer wants to be sure they aren't being scammed.... just buy from an authorized dealer instead of going for the shady too-good-to-be-true dealers. If an authorized dealer is involved in a scam, they should lose their dealership rights.

Heck...throw in a couple of these Counterfeit rechargeable batteries and then add the appropriate

Counterfeit Multi-Power Battery Packs MB-D10 and MB-D11 for Nikon Digital Cameras and you'd have yerself one heck of a counterfeit Nikon system!

Bring on those too-good-to-be true auction sales from vendors NOBODY has EVER heard of before!!!! As TCampbell so wisely wrote above, "just buy from an authorized dealer instead of going for the shady too-good-to-be-true dealers. If an authorized dealer is involved in a scam, they should lose their dealership rights."

For the past 15 years, I have seen the people who scour the internet, looking for the absolute "best price", on high-end photo goods...willing to buy from dealers pricing $1699 cameras at "$1199.95"...and then getting scammed. These people post on forums, inquiring about fly-by night dealers, often dealers with 100 or fewer feedback ratings. In actuality, these potential bargain hunting buyers are their own worst enemies, thinking that they can score a fabulous deal, better than what 99.9% of other dealers are offering...thinking they can ,"Beat the system, and not pay full retail, because, well, full retail is for suckers." Those are the types of people who are most likely getting burned.

Last edited:
Last week I stumbled upon a site but I can't recall the name. A New Nikon D610 with a 24-85 for less then a D7100 kit from B&H. Yep ok,Jump right on it and order a dozen of them.I wouldn't mind a D610 skirt with a D750 inside.

if it sounds too good to be true is usually is.

It's not just a clever saying! Applies to cars, houses, consumer electronics and ladies of the night.

Yeah..that's why you are just better off to buy from reputable dealers.

yeah um, no.

i have bought most everything for a major purchase in my life NOT paying full retail. Key is to know what you are buying...

if it sounds too good to be true is usually is.

It's not just a clever saying! Applies to cars, houses, consumer electronics and ladies of the night.
ummm... definitely not.

Heck...throw in a couple of these Counterfeit rechargeable batteries and then add the appropriate

Counterfeit Multi-Power Battery Packs MB-D10 and MB-D11 for Nikon Digital Cameras and you'd have yerself one heck of a counterfeit Nikon system!

Bring on those too-good-to-be true auction sales from vendors NOBODY has EVER heard of before!!!! As TCampbell so wisely wrote above, "just buy from an authorized dealer instead of going for the shady too-good-to-be-true dealers. If an authorized dealer is involved in a scam, they should lose their dealership rights."

For the past 15 years, I have seen the people who scour the internet, looking for the absolute "best price", on high-end photo goods...willing to buy from dealers pricing $1699 cameras at "$1199.95"...and then getting scammed. These people post on forums, inquiring about fly-by night dealers, often dealers with 100 or fewer feedback ratings. In actuality, these potential bargain hunting buyers are their own worst enemies, thinking that they can score a fabulous deal, better than what 99.9% of other dealers are offering...thinking they can ,"Beat the system, and not pay full retail, because, well, full retail is for suckers." Those are the types of people who are most likely getting burned.
you would be hard pressed to be scammed on anything these days. I been through it. Between ebay guarantee, square trade whatever, and the almighty flat out credit card reversal and dispute i have kept things people tried to screw me over on and not returned them AND reversed the charges they could shove it right up their azz.

That's the scam logic, if it's too good to be true and the person still goes for it they know they have a sucker.

not to say bad things don't happen. But this thread is going REALLY misleading. There are lots of buyer protections out there.

not to say bad things don't happen. But this thread is going REALLY misleading. There are lots of buyer protections out there.

Not everyone makes a purchase with said protection.

Most reactions

Back