Beach Drawing

Graeme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fieldenfamily.co.uk
Anyone any thoughts on this photo and do you think the tilt adds anything.

Beach-Drawing.jpg

Beach-Drawing-tilt.jpg

Wow, that's a very nice sand drawing! I'm not so sure about the tilt...it's almost disorienting. My eyes wander all over the place and I can't tell whether you wanted to place more emphasis on the woman or the drawing. I hate to be nitpick, but her head also merges with the shorline. Nice job on the B&W, though.

Hehe, it is now. :D I like the original better, but yeah, it is unfortunate that the subject is right in the center. I think it would be more effective if you cropped it heavily on the left to switch to portrait orientation.

No-no-no-no. Either leave the original as it is, or use the tilted version. I quite like it, I must say, though I usually have a bit of a hard time with tilted photos. Not so with this one. The movement of her hand - which is absolutely the same in both versions, isn't it? - looks more like MOTION in the second version! Happy. "So there"-ish!
And she draws a find Snoopy into the sand!!! :)

Nah, I think I like the original better than the crop. I like to see the water in the BG which might be part of why I don't like the tilted version as much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back