Beach Help

Discussion in 'Locations & Meetup forum' started by The Positive, Jun 28, 2005.

1. The Positive

The Positive TPF Noob!

I live like 30-45 mins from Miami Beach and South Beach. I like to get some nice shots of the beach and the rolling water. Can anyone give me tips for taking pictures of a beach?

2. Glen C

Glen C TPF Noob!

Dusk and dawn are the best times to take beach pictures. Depends what your after though....

3. JeLeAk

JeLeAk TPF Noob!

dont forget to take the lesne cap off ^_^

4. ClickCrazy

ClickCrazy TPF Noob!

Be sure to have a tripod with you..A mini pod if you want to get any low to the ground shots. And lots of spare batteries as those lower light situations sometimes call for longer exposures, not to mention hot days drain them as well. Try metering for the sky, the water and the midrange to be sure of your exposure. I often see some shots ruined by a washed out sky

5. vixenta

vixenta Hands Off Me Haggis!

People, driftwood or something make what seems as a normal beach picture into something more meaningful. Have fun, and looking forward to seeing you beach photo's :)

6. PhotoB

PhotoB TPF Noob!

I'd say fast shutter speed for crisp water. That's a personal preference though. Some people like "milky" waters...

But what do I know? I'm in a land-locked loacation and the only water around me is a green pond. :lol: