Beach horses

scubabear6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughters riding instructor wanted some pictures of her and a friend riding on the beach. Couldn't talk her into early morning or late afternoon nope had to be mid day.
PB045469a.jpg

PB045468a.jpg

PB045466a.jpg

PB045454a.jpg

My 1st try at panning^

PB045438a.jpg

maybe next time she'll listen to you...lol. Looks very washed out and flat and colourless...awful shadows.
You did a fine job, but the light was very bad.

You probably could have got some nice results from another angle, but still the faces would have been badly shadowed.

Thanks I tried different angles and they faces were very shadowed, didn't want to use a fill light as the one horse was very skittish. Even with a polorizer on the sky just looked like crap. Since I don't have a photoshop program I could'nt adjust the sky.

Yes, I agree. Are you using a zoom lens? Get down infront of the horses as they are coming toward you and get a nice view of the rider over the horses shoulder :) Then you can move away.

They look kinda pixelated to.

Another thing, and I know allot of people will disagree but you do not always need to get the WHOLE horse in frame. Some very interesting shots exclude other parts of the horse.

Nice looking Fjord :) And good job on the pan.

Yes, I agree. Are you using a zoom lens? Get down infront of the horses as they are coming toward you and get a nice view of the rider over the horses shoulder :) Then you can move away.

They look kinda pixelated to.

Another thing, and I know allot of people will disagree but you do not always need to get the WHOLE horse in frame. Some very interesting shots exclude other parts of the horse.

Nice looking Fjord :) And good job on the pan.

I was using a small zoom 75-145 but couldn't get in front of them, there was just to many horses on the beach(around 40 to 50) and they have to stay below the high tide line.

I'll try getting lower next time I agree that would look better.

The pixelation happens when I reduce the photo size to upload to photobucket.

How's this one.

PB045480a.jpg

Oh yes, MUCH better :)

Frustrating when you can't get the shots you want due to the environment!

I would suggest adjusting your shutter speed. I don't personally like a few of them due to the motion blur on the horse's hooves.

I would suggest adjusting your shutter speed. I don't personally like a few of them due to the motion blur on the horse's hooves.
Thanks, I did some with a faster shutter speed, but I like the blur of the legs makes them actually look like there moving.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back