Beach Photography Trip

siulcr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi fellas! I'm going on a beach trip next weekend and I would like to get as many good shots as possible. Do you have any specific recommendations for this kind of environment, it's a actually a beach in the sound Caribbean so light won't be a problem.

I'm most concern about taking good landscapes, this is so hard and I don't want to return without any rad landscapes. Setting the right focus it's too difficult, any advice?

Thanks!
Luis.

1. Don't drop it in the sand
2. Wind angle lens
3. Look up some shots you like and study the settings and "setting" (aka composure)
4. Enjoy the trip and don't stress about getting the "perfect shot" :)

Luis,
First shoot at the highest level your camera will do. RAW would be best. Shoot a lot and use different data cards, changing them and transferring the pictures to storage. With beach shots the problem is often too much light. You may want to pick up a couple neutral density filters and a couple spare memory cards to take along. Also a few plastic bags to protect your gear from water and sand.
If you've seen some great landscapes you may want to look up more info on HDR and panoramas and how to do those techniques with the equipment you have.

get up and shoot sunrise.

stay up/be available to shoot the sunset.

Look at the scene and match it to the histogram of the photo. Adjust to taste. Your meter will probably under expose a bright beach. A great chance to try ND and CP filters. Rinse gear with fresh water if it gets salt water on it. Keep all water away from camera and lenses.
Enjoy the trip.

Thank you so much for the advices, I don't have filters yet :S any alternatives?

I will take plenty of plastic bags for my camera and equipment that's for sure. Also, do you have any recommendations for the technical part, I mean any recommended settings for shutter speed or apertures. I will be also hiking through the jungle, so hopefully I will see plenty of wild animals, any advice for that?

What lens do you have for the jungle hiking? That one will be frustrating, I'd bet, if you're not already used to the frustration of forest hiking. :) I'd recommend a longer lens (I use my 55-250, so I'm not talking about breaking the bank) but the low light will give you trouble. If you can afford a longer lens with a larger aperture, go for it!

For the landscapes, the thing I've been concentrating on (and not always remembering while in the field) is foreground interest. All of my favourite landscape photos have incredibly interesting foreground elements.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back