beach pics from oregon,C&C plz

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by aramator, Jul 11, 2008.

1. aramator

aramator TPF Noob!

just got home from iraq, in california now
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    these are some pic's i took in seaside and canon beach in oregon last year in september i think. tell me what i could fix and maybe do different next time. if any of you ever get the chance to go to oregon it is very photo friendly, hit me up and i can give you some good places to go, i have been all over oregon, and the west coast for that matter.thx

all of these are pre-aftermarket glass, all shot with the kit lens on the xti. not bad i think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:

You're right, not bad. Not bad at all. I'll put forth a few suggestions and recommendations.

1. A nice scene, well exposed with good composition, but a somewhat skewed perspective, due, I believe to you're being low to the ground and shooting up. This can be corrected in post, and would much improve the image.

2. Technically a good image, but lacking a distinct subject upon which the eye can focus.

3. Good exposure on the foreground, but rather dark along the row of houses. Perhaps a levels/curves tweak to brighten this area up a little.

4. Nice, moody image, but slightly under-exposed.

5. Very nice, well done. Some will say that there's too much sky, but rather think that it adds to the sense of space.

6. Another nice capture, but I think this one might have been even better if you had waited just a couple of more minutes until there was less direct sun. Still well done; it could however stand a crop, the upper sky and LH edge of this one contribute little.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

3. toofpaste

toofpaste TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I tried to fix #4

Sorry in advance if you dont like it lol

[​IMG]

4. Computer_Generated

Computer_Generated TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like 'em all, the last one and the close up of the wheat the best though... I like the changes on the updated post better than the original though... sorry I can't offer anything to make 'em better... they look well done to me.

5. Gazman

Gazman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yea, agree with computer Generated, in that the wheat shot is my personal favourite.

Shows how you can make a fantastic shot from something unspectacular.

Very very impressive to me.

6. aramator

aramator TPF Noob!

just got home from iraq, in california now
    Photos OK to edit
    1. was at 18mm on the kit lens, which dosent really help the angle but i really know what you are saying.

2. i was trying to make the forground the focal point, the driftwood and grass. how could i fix that?

3. this one and #6 are my personal favorites. i probably could lighten up the houses like tirediron said.

4. i was trying to go for a darker mood of the coastal environment but i am always a fan of the warmer images.

5. i kept alot of the clouds in there for the effect of a comming storm and darker mood, with the boy not even caring of what was comming.

6. i like this one becuase of the couple standing on the beach wathing the sunset, it was the only chance i had to capture that image. though i can see what you meen by it being to much light.

thanks for the c&c it is always appreciated.:)

7. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Been spending a lot of time on here!

In the country just north of Toronto, Canada
    Photos OK to edit
    With the exception of #3 I think you got too much sky.