Beach Pinwheels

Laurence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying out my new acquisition of a Rollei 6006 at the beach. It was a foggy day, and the Velvia just wasn't cutting it. I switched to black and white film, and I felt that it saved the day.

I was intrigued by this lateral view up the beach because the huge driftwood logs had roots that sort of "pinwheeled" in rotation with the high tide. Then, the low tide left them as you see them here.

I felt that the fog gave an "invitation" to wander up the beach, and see new views come into my vision as I got closer.

I am quite happy with the Planar lens so far. It gives a sort of creamy-sharp resolution that gives a nice "feel" to the images. Edge sharpness, even wide open, is really good.

Rollei 6006
Zeiss Planar 80mm f:2.8 lens

BeachBombFog800.jpg

Very cool shot. It reminds me of Normandy beach on D-Day. The driftwood looks like tank traps

This shot is awesome! I love the mist/fog and all the different elements

Strangely enough, I got a Normandie/Omaha Beach feel. The driftwood kind of looks like fallen soldiers. But anyway, this is definitely a prevalent feel for this many people to get it, so whatever you do with it, you might want to take that into consideration.

I'm guessing this is a medium-format camera? I don't know anything about them, other than they usually are when I don't know the camera brand, and the images are square. Whether it is or not, this photo is amazing, and I someday aspire to get to the level you're at.

Thanks to all of you! I now see the "Normandy" connection...I think it might be even just the slope of the beach that brings back visions of Normandy...anyway, I appreciate all of your comments, this helps me grow as a photographer.

Most reactions

Back