Beach Portraits C&C

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey just wondering what everyone thinks of these portraits C&C plz.
1)
3601957197_c8995b0664.jpg

2)
3601955409_a498cc97d8.jpg

3)
3601951889_692e8faf43.jpg

4)
3601950207_99d90cf4e5.jpg

These are nice pictures, but you need to be careful not to cut off feet and hands when framing. It's a mistake I make ALL THE TIME. #1 you could have had less space at the top of the frame and allowed for the feet. Also, I don't care for the post running straight up the girl's back. Maybe off to the side would have looked better. In #2, it might have felt better shot horizontally.

#3 is your strongest shot here, in my opinion. It just looks a little underexposed. This is a nicely posed picture. He looks very natural and comfortable.

#4 is nice too, but your subject is just too far away and your steps/horizon are a little too centrally located. You should try to have either more sky or more steps, try not to split them in the center of your frame. Also, it is a little tilted.

Cheers!

thanks were going again soon because they were late getting there so then there wasn't enough light for anything besides my f/1.8 50mm. and my flash was acting up again!

Just a tweek on your technique on your next shoot should make a big difference, try some fill flash but a bit of a play in PS can make a big difference
Hope you don't mind, just a very quick play, next time expose for the sky and use fill flash
557001142_w9JJq-M.jpg

#4 seems surprisingly interesting to me for some reason. for a planned portrait, i like it

First thing that comes to my mind is you need to get some lighting. Friends of mine do lots of shooting on the beach at sunset and with the use of off-camera strobes they make some stunning captures. I haven't gotten into this yet so have no sample pictures of my own to show you, but check out the web site of James Rubio, a local strobist/wedding photographer who was recently featured on Stobist. He does beautiful work.

Also, make sure the horizon is straight in your pictures.

They're all underexposed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back